LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

pranay kumar   12 May 2024

Threatened by police

A girl made false statements in a police station and her brother in law who has relative of one IAS officer and threatened me to compromise which was forcefully or else FIR will be registered ,then the next day the local SHO forcefully called me and threatened me in the phone itself to come to police station and to write a compromise letter or else FIR will be booked and ,when i ignored the SHO took the FIR sheet ,then  without any choice "I have forcefully written that the case will be filed in court and I will try to remove her name but not sure " .Now can I file the case against her regarding this issue and what is the main procedure.

Learning

3 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     12 May 2024

If you were forced by police then you can give a complaint to the higher police officer about this persisting threats and to take action against the erring police officer.

If that is also not fetching you any favorable result you can approach high court with a petition under section 482 cr.p.c.  against the police seeking direction for protection and not to harass. 

1 Like

Maloji rao ghodkar (civil side )     12 May 2024

Petition u/s 482 of Cr PC would not serve the purpose as it would not protect you from harassment by the police.  You have to file Writ Petition against the SHO and others who are harassing you.

1 Like

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     12 May 2024

Direction to concerned police not to harass under section 482 Cr. P. C will be the immediate relief.

Relief under article 227 through a writ remedy may not be entertained at this preliminary stage.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register