LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mshrid   05 May 2024

Regarding disparity in salary

Ok so a person was promoted as Assistant in a PSU in 1987 and was suspended in 1997 and two annual increments were kept on hold In 1999 suspension was revoked and increments were released .In 1998 he found he was drawing less salary than his junior who was promoted in 1997 as assistant.He wrote to his officers and nothing happened later in 2000 he was terminated.Now after 20 years court has order to give him 60% of his backwages .So his Basic pay as per the records of salary of his junior in the duration he was terminated/unemployed would be less or same or 10 TIMES annual increment of his juniors basic pay ?

Learning

8 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     05 May 2024

You have approached court and the court has passed an order considering all the pros and cons.

Since this case  had been decided by supreme court, you cannot raise this issue again before supreme court.

Mshrid   05 May 2024

Yes we approached court not for  disparity in pay the case which has come to a conclusion was about his termination .It has been found that the termination was partially illegal that why 60% backwages was awarded.The pros and cons was about whether the evidences provided by the department were correct and the amount of suffering  my father has been made to go through were fair or not .Nowwhere during the hearing of the case in both the courts his salary was discussed or any thing related to disparity in pay was discussed.So if you can ,can you please answer the question i have asked please.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     05 May 2024

If you really have a case then nothing prevents you from approaching the court seeking relief.

But this pertains to your father hence he only has to follow the procedures of law for pay anomoly and exhaust the remedy first from the department concerned before approaching proper legal forum for desired relief. 

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     06 May 2024

As found from starting sentence, it is not your personal but a hypothetical post, inter alia, "....a person was...." 

Mshrid   06 May 2024

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )  

Read more at: https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/regarding-disparity-in-salary-233993.asp I m sorry sir how is it hypothetical and not personal? I am his blood and i have documents or i should said i have everything on paper/record.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     06 May 2024

You may be a your father's blood but you cannot fight his cases, he only can represent his problems before the authorities concerned.

Your representations cannot be entertained by any authority.

You know everything very clearly but you are just testing the knoledge of the experts here for the reasons you know better.

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     07 May 2024

Originally posted by : Mshrid

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )  Read more at: https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/regarding-disparity-in-salary-233993.asp I m sorry sir how is it hypothetical and not personal? I am his blood and i have documents or i should said i have everything on paper/record.

@ Mshrid,

Did you mention any where in the post that you are his ( "a person" 's) blood, which you have stated "now".

"A person "was stated to have been promoted as "Assistant in a PSU IN 1987 and was suspended in 1997" what is the relevance and correlation of the statement / facts posted ?

Further you have mentioned, inter alia, that, ".....and two increasements were kept on hold...." what can be inferred from the statement ??

Similarly complete post is likewise statement(s).

However, it is better to consult a local prudent lawyer with relevant records for proper appreciation of facts, professional advise and necessary proceeding.​​​​​​

Mshrid   07 May 2024

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)

Read more at: https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/regarding-disparity-in-salary-233993.asp why would i test anyone knowlegde  sir. I dont know wht to say .There are so many cases where family of a dead ex employee got  gratutiy and other retirement benefits Justice after years .Thank you though 

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate

Read more at: https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/regarding-disparity-in-salary-233993.asp  

Thank you 

i didnt knew people in this forum will get offended for just asking question about something you have no idea about,i thought this forim is for help  .Learned my lesson

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register