LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Hari   18 December 2023

Acb case andhra pradesh

My father trapped ACB 2003 Dec  -reinitated 2004 March Convicted 2007 March - dismissal April 2007-appealed to Andhrapradesh high court -stayed and granted bail 2007Dec - deseased 2009Dec @ age of 56-4 more years service as he joined 1973 in govt sector. My mother impleaded in the case still pending at High court till date.Is there chances to get all benifits for my mother and family? Any judgement pls advise that would be great help to me.

Learning

5 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     19 December 2023

The nature of case,  grounds for appeal are not known. 

As the matter is pending in appeal before high court,  you may wait for the disposal details. 

Sanskriti Tiwari   19 December 2023

In cases, where a government employee passes away during pending legal proceedings, entitlements for the family often rely on the deceased's service rules. In Andhra Pradesh, provisions like Rule 48 of the Andhra Pradesh Civil Services (Pension) Rules, 1980, might apply, potentially offering benefits like pension or compensation to the family.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     19 December 2023

This is an appeal pending against the conviction.

The employee was convicted hence he had preferred an appeal.

If the conviction is confirmed then the family of the deceased employee will not be entitled to any service benefits because the employee stands terminated 

P. Venu (Advocate)     19 December 2023

The family can get the benefits if he the conviction is quashed and he is acquitted.

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     19 December 2023

The conviction was made due to the case filed by the ACB against the employee as he was trapped.  But the Government took disciplinary action of "dismissal".  If conviction is confirmed the family is not eligible for pensionary benefits.  Otherwise, the pension only be granted as per AP Pension Rules, 1980.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register