LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sonia (Sr. Doctor)     14 February 2011

In need of help

I was in affair from past 10 yrs. As i also want to marry with him.

My family opposes this marriage and do a strong emotional drama in front of me. My mother got hospitalized falsley. they do the engagment to other guy.

Before this marriage took place, I convince other guy  and his family to whom i was getting married by my parent not to marriage.( I did not tell tem about my affai and wish to marry him)

They agree and ask my parents that both groom & bride do not want to marry, so we are cancelling this engagment. That Guy's cousin sister is get married to my cousin brother 5 yr back having 3 yr baby.

This all happens before 2 days of marriage. On the same day my family blacmailed them if they refuse to

this marriage, then they will divorce their cousin daughter.
On this ground, forcefully this marrige happened without both groom & bride wish.
Now, I do not want to continue this marriage, here are more concern to me also

1. - I am fear to get killed by my parents, so i do not want to live with my parents.
2. - I do not believe that my said husband will give mutual concsent for this due to his sister problem
3. - We do not get physically intercource
4.- Can this marriage get nullfy.
5. - What should i do to nullfy by my own efforts

Learning

4 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     14 February 2011

@ Author

1. Which city these briefs have been posted here?

You may seek ‘protection’ as per Law based on already existing ‘guidelines’ of Hon’ble SC and Gujarat and Delhi HC have implemented these very guidelines, thus above para 1 que. was asked by me to understand your location and suggestion given accordingly under this para.

You may remaining in legal marriage with this second man still opt to get married to your 10 years old man if reasoning of recent Rajasthan HC judgment in more or less similar ‘needs’ to be taken as ‘justification’ in case any legal hurdels comes later.

Law is in your side if present ‘arrangements’ is beyond tolerance and marital levels and there is no compendious way out then you as a already ‘married women’ will be allowed to take your choosen path is my opinion if any case reaches the floor of family Court later. However your second marriage when first marriage is in existence will not be a legal one but then you have shown compelling reasoning and have expression of element of trust in your 10 year old relationship so I don’t see why Law should pervade into ‘personal space’ of two consenting adults !

2 Like

Jamai Of Law (propra)     14 February 2011

But what if after nullity etc etc or whatever the way you choose to break, that your counsin won't blackmain again to divorce cousi sister-in-law?

Again you husband and in-laws wold be in dilemma!!

So don't take divorce now...and save your sister-in-laws marriage.

You marriage break-up is going to cause two marriages to breakup (or even more!!)

Also check if you previous boyfriend also has got married or not....after your marriage!! Otherwise only your marriage ouwld get broken-up for nothing.

I would suggest you to watch  'sislsila' and 'kabhi kanhi' movies. Actually there are many such movies.

Don't watch 'KANK' ever, it will confuse you again.

(Guest)

Dear Sonia,

Advise you to just enjoy your this marriage by heart & mind.

Forget your boyfriend, Otherwise if you still wants to involve with him. That will creates a big mess in everyone of your family as well in your in-laws family.

So leave your past life and try to live with present at any case.

Best of luck for your married life and act cautiously and progressively further in your life.

See love is sacrifice & for your family you need to be ready to sacrifice for their happiness.

Remember your parents too sacrifice many things for your up-bringing, If you go into the past.

Rest you are a better judge in your own problem.

Regards,

Abhinatre Gupt.

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     15 October 2011

Sonia,

If you could not stand for yourself at that time, how would you be able to stand for yourself in future?

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register