LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sanjeev Rajpurohit   22 January 2024

Defamation case

A  FIR IS BEING LODGE U.SEC 498A.354, AND 406 BY MY DOUGHTER IN LAW AGAINST ME, MY SON AND MY WIFE AND MY DOUGHTER AND MY BROTHER IN LAW ,

AFTER INVESTIGATION BY POLICE IT BEING FOUND THAT THAT THEIR  IS NO CASE AGAINST  ME,  AND MY WIFE AND MY DOUGHTER AND MY BROTHER IN LAW ,

BAIL IS GIVEN BY COURT TO MY SON  AND CHARGES ONLY 498A AND 406 THOUGH WE HAVE ALLL REQURIED PROOF AGAINST 498 A AND 406

NOW CAN WE SURVE A LEGAL NOTICE FOR DEFAMATION UNDER SECTION 499, 500, 501

PLEASE GUIDE

Learning

3 Replies

SAM (LEGAL)     22 January 2024

Dont go for filing defamation case against her. its waste of time and energy. Try to first fight the case on merits basis. Let the trial of the case starts and cross examination gets over. After getting acquittal order from trial court then you can file for defamation cases against her. till then try to deny all her flase allegations and fight the case on merits 

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     22 January 2024

Since there is no case against you except she had filed a complaint, and as the police have found that there are no ingredients to prosecute you people, you better remain silent without taking any action on this because there is no defamation caused by police in this police prosecuted case. 

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Telangana state Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     23 January 2024

Yes, you can file a defamation case if a false FIR has been filed against you and has caused harm to your reputation. In such a scenario, you can seek compensation or damages from the person who filed the false csses 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register