Pharma Legal & Compliance Summit 2012
The recent proposal by government to codify ethics for
pharma companies with uniform code of pharmaceutical marketing practices
and recent changes in MCI guidelines and DGCI guidelines on gifting
to doctors and medical profession means that it is no longer business
With increased competitive pressure and closer scrutiny of regulators
and other stakeholders, there is now an urgent need for pharmaceutical
companies to proactively manage their internal process on governance,
ethics and compliance to protect against potential financial penalties,
possible product withdrawals and damaged reputations.
with significant investment in R&D by Pharma companies, high level
of collaboration and cooperation between Indian and multinational
pharma companies in contract research and manufacturing, managing
and negotiating contracts and licensing agreements and having an
effective patent strategy becomes important now more than ever to
avoid disputes which have an adverse financial and reputational
impact on both parties.
In view of the above Lex Witness
presents India’s first comprehensive discussions dealing with important
issues affecting the industry on governance, ethics, compliance,
contracts management, licensing agreements and developing a proactive
legal strategy for patent litigations.
KEY DISCUSSION AREAS
Some of the highlighted
discussion areas in the summit are:-
- Fraud and Corruption Management
- Legal and regulatory compliance of ethics for pharmaceutical
and bio-pharma companies in India
- Legal risk management strategies for new product launches
- Current regulatory developments & implications of changes
to regulatory framework
- Trends in patent opposition and litigation
- Recent developments in pre-grant and post-grant opposition
- Settlement strategies
- Key elements of a compliance programme
- Recent changes in clinical trials documentation requirements
- Current Legal issues in Domestic & Cross Border site contracts
- Contracts, Claims & Counter Claims & Licensing agreements
The summit will consist of 20+ experts as speakers consisting
of Legal Heads, CEOs, CFOs of the Pharmaceutical Industry, representatives
from government bodies and senior government officials.
do take the time to forward this to your colleagues and other senior
management who you feel will benefit from attending.
A Must Attend Summit
- Generic Pharmaceutical Manufacturers
- Innovative Pharmaceutical Manufacturers
- API Manufacturers
- Regulatory Consultants
- Ingredient and Material Supplier
- Analytical Laboratories
- Laws Firms specializing in Pharmaceutical law and regulation
- Patent Filing Consultants
- Business Strategy Consultants
- Legal Firms
- Bio Tech Firms
- Medical Device Manufacturers
- Pharma/Bio Pharma Firms
Invited & Confirmed Speakers
- Abhyan Jawaharlal, Legal Head, Biocon Limited
- Ajay Thomas, Registrar, LCIA India
- Alka Mehta, Head Formulation Patent, Cipla Limited
- Anshuman Sharma, Country General Counsel, Novartis India
- Arun Parikh, Sr. Vice President Legal, Cadila Healthcare Ltd.
- Ashok Jain, Sr. GM Legal & Compliance, Dabur India Limited
- Debolina Partap, Associate Vice President & Head Legal, Wockhardt Group, India
- Deodatta Pandit, Head Legal, Ajanta Pharma
- Ghanashyam, Sr. Legal Counsel, Abbott India Limited
- Girish Gokhale, President Legal & Group General Counsel, JSW Group
- Girish Tekchandani, Company Secretary and Head Compliance, Novartis India
- H. P. Kamat, Sr. Vice President Legal & Company Secretary, Ipca Laboratories Ltd.
- Julie Buragohain, Head Legal, Himalaya Drug Company
- K. Hazari, Head – Legal & Corporate Affairs (South Asia), GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals Limited
- Kaiyomarz M. Marfatia, Director Legal & Secretarial, Executive Director, Abbott India Ltd.
- K.P. Pradeep, Head Compliance, Merck (India) Ltd.
- Marshall Mendonza, Vice President - Legal & Company Secretary, Glenmark Pharmaceuticals
- Mohan Ram Reddy, Company Secretary, Aurobindo Pharma
- Nasser Kabir, Vice President Legal, Strides Arcolab Limited
- Pawan Jaggi, General Manager Compliance, GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals Limited
- Pawan Singhal, Vice President-Legal, AstraZeneca
- Raghuram Raju, Group General Counsel, Religare Wellness
- Rahul Chauhan, Associate Director- Regulatory Affairs and Pharmacovigilance, Eli Lilly and Company
- Rajinder Sharma, Director Corporate Affairs & General Counsel-South Asia, E.I. DuPont India Pvt Ltd
- Rajiv Mukandan, General Counsel and Chief Compliance Officer, Matrix Laboratories Limited
- S.P. Date, Head Legal, Elder Pharmaceutical Ltd.
- Sachin Kulkarni, Legal Counsel, Medtronic.
- Samir Kazi, Director Legal, Pfizer
- Sudhakar Venugopal, Head Legal, Bal Pharma Limited
- Suresh V.S, Sr. Director Finance, Dr. Reddy's Laboratories
- Susheela AO, Asst. General Manager-IP, Biocon
- Upen H. Shah, Compliance Officer & Company Secretary, Cadila Healthcare Ltd
- Vivek Mittal, Head Legal, Lupin Pharma
- INR 8,000 per delegate
- INR 15,000 for 2 delegates
- INR 18,000 for 3 delegates
For Law Firms
- INR 10,000 per delegate
- INR 17,000 for 2 delegates
- INR 22,000 for 3 delegates
Service Tax Extra @ 12.36%
The registration fee includes conference kit, access to all
speaker presentations, exhibition area, certificate of attendance
and a complimentary copy of Lex Witness September 2012 Issue.
Fee once paid shall be non-refundable.
seats available! Block your seat now!
5% Special Discount