LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

MJShyamSingh (none)     11 January 2016

Adhering to court decree

My wife (petitioner stays in Kolkata) filed for divorce and the Kolkata court finally decided on March of 2015. The court granted divorce and decided that I should be allowed to meet my child at a place of my convenience. The court also decided that the petitioner should go to my place (Chennai) and collect her stridhan without causing any inconvenience to me. 
My wife (now ex-wife - the petitioner) is neither allowing me to meet my child and nor collecting her stridhan. She not collecting her stridhan is a problem for me because I cannot change my rented house or move to a different city. The stridhan consists of an almirah that is heavy and locked. If I carry that with me to a different city there are logistic problems and there is also a risk of the almirah lock being broken and thing stolen from it. What are my options to make the petitioner follow the court order/decree?

Thanks in advance

Learning

3 Replies

SuperHero (Manager)     12 January 2016

All we need is little practicality of life and common sense...

All answers are within you...Just think about it and you will get it.

MJShyamSingh (none)     12 January 2016

@Mrs. Renuka Chaudhury - The court has not directed me to send the stridhan. The court has directed the petitioner to collect it. Will this not be a problem if I send it?

I tried speaking to the packers and mover guys - nobody is willing to take risk of the payment.

MJShyamSingh (none)     12 January 2016

@SuperHero - Your philosophy might be right but not relevant here.  If you know facts, then I am sure you will be so willing to give this gyaan to my ex. So please spare me your opinion without considering facts.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register