LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sreeja (employee)     11 April 2012

Advice me plz

My name is sreeja, i was in a  problem. i was in love with  a boy since 4 years. we both love each other .our parents and his parents accepted our love and also came for marriage looks.

on the next day they said they are not intrested in this marriage and canclled. my parents asked them and even touched their feet not to spoil the girls life as it was known to everyone since 4 years. but they did not care and ill treated my parents saying bad words.And also they brought some people saying that we will settle the matter. the settlers said we have some political powers And my boyfriend did not speak anything regarding this to their parents and said that he also dosent love me any more in front of them. v all were upset by this. it is already 2 month all this happened. as i was in serious relationship vt him since 4 years he also loves me a lot. but i dont know y he is behaving like this. i asked him personally y u did all this 2me what was the reason. my parents wants more dowry so i cant marry.

one day while i was on my way to office he came near me and said i want u but our relationship must me kept as a secret in the society. i did not accept for that and i moved on my way crying. I felt very bad when he spoke with me also this stuff . after a week he came to me and said i vl kill u.

i gave him lots of money for his visa , his shopping, sometimes for his personal needs and all nearly 1 lakh rs. he also gave me nearly 60000 in return while he was in usa.

i was in relation with him since 4 years and now i came to know that he chaeted me completely in the name of marriage, so i said him that i vl police case n u for cheating me. but i did not keep any case on him but he warned me by saying if u keep any case i vl kill u. one day while i was on my way to office he came near me he said some bad words and caught my hand and dragged me to come with him i rejected and some people saw me on road and warned him to leave her, so he left from therr. later i went to policestation and said what had happened, the police asked to file a case so they will take action but i did not keep any case and went.

2days before someone tried to kidnap me (i am going to my office a car came and stopped near me and asked could u plz tel me the below adress and gave me a paper i am seeing that the person caught my hand and tried to drag me into the car i realised and pulled back my hand and fell down , some people on the road started shouting the car left) i informed this to my parents and they were much worried about me now. can u plz suggest me what to do in this situation.

Learning

2 Replies

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com))     11 April 2012

Dear Querist,

As much as it should be done, but the hard reality is nothing can force them to marry you. If relation with you was carried on and initated under false promise of marriage - then your consent to it was not good and offence of rape can be made out, apart from criminal intimidation etc. 

You can also file a suit for recovery of damages for breach of contract (contract of marriage) 

Feel free to talk!

sri (ceo)     12 April 2012

a live in relationship, kidnap, give money and get back half... you were in relationship for 4 years and never bothered to marry... why he should kidnap you?

this story is not clear... better not advised...

these sort of cases end up as rape, 498a blackmailing and harassment under one pretext or other etc ...

beware if one advise is given innocently it also leads to harassment of others... let them fight it out in the court... after all judge will see both petitions...

we advise on one side of a petition... its totally wrong...

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register