LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Atul Kumar Khare (Service)     25 September 2024

Banker asked to submit original sale deed against running home loan taken 18 years before.

I had obtained home loan from a bank for purchasing a residential plot, and building a house on it about 18 years before. The loan was for a tunure of 25 years, of which 7 years repayment is remaining. Repayment has been regular since beginning as the same was deducted from my salary account. 

Recently, the bank asked me to submit the original title deed or sale deed of my plot (land), which I had already deposited with the banker, but the banker had not given any receipt or acknowledgement for the same. Now the bank is saying that I had not deposited the original sale deed, thereby violated the loan agreement, qualified for the penalty. Please advise. Is the limitation act is relevant in this case? 

Learning

1 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     25 September 2024

On the basis of the evidence for loan and the loan agreement papers, you can issue a legal notice to the bank stating that they have already obtained the title deeds and have granted the loan only after the title deeds were depostied with them and moreover as the loan repayment was regular for all these 18 years, you canot be responsble if the bank has lost the original title deed.

You can consult a lawyer and issue a legal notice accordingly

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register