LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raj (TA)     04 December 2017

Breaking Relationship with Elder Brother

Madam/Dear Sir, I am staying in Mumbai with my aged Father, my Wife and Son. I want to break the relationship with my elder brother legally by sending him Notice. Brother has made life tough for his own parents, disowning them. Taking care of his in-laws, living with them since last 10 years.Not even helping his own parents who have suffered a lot, meanwhile my Mother expired bug he still has no regret. Just came to complete formalities. How do i proceed in such situation, where i can end ties with him. Regards, Rajkumar Gupta

Learning

5 Replies

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     04 December 2017

I also wish to know.

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     04 December 2017

You can get a Will made by your father wherein he can disinherit your brother from all his properties/estate/cash etc and will not be able to claim any share in that property/estate/cash etc.

You can give newspaper publication from your father about officially disinheriting your brother and cutting all relationship from him. A similar newspaper publication can be made by you from breaking all relationship with him and even disinheriting him from any of your property/estate/cash as class 2 heir under the Hindu Succession Act,1956.

You can also make Will of your property in similar lines you get for your father made.

You can send a written notice to your brother with regard to all these steps taken by you and your father against him for his information.

(Guest)

Law says otherwise.  Even if you ask your dad to disinherit, main tere ko ek paise nahi dunga.  He write will?  It wont become will, it will become distribution. 

Again aggreived party always has options of dragging you and company to the court.  Your father might pass away some day.  But you will be left with lot of court cases to attend for the rest of your life.

It is always better for families to bring lost children to track, eventually families aer about bonding.  If he did not show interest, you have to pull him along and show love.  That is called Indian culture.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     04 December 2017

Such things do happen in this mortal world.

Still if you wish give the matter a cool though and opportunity to repair the relationship.

Perspectives; Talk it out face to face.

Send message thru other elders of the family, by Whatsapp, SMS, email, letter By Redg. Post.

Release newspaper advt….

Or a communique thru your LOCAL lawyer…

You cannot stop your father from meeting him or him meeting his father…

Your father can do so for himself like you can do so  for yourself.

Both of you and your father can sign a valid WILL and register it.

Raj (TA)     05 December 2017

I agree Adv Raj Malhotra Sir, But we dont have any kind of property, so "main tere ko ek paise nahi dunga", doesnt arises. I only want to safeguard my family. Already he assaulted once. Moreover Indian culture tried and tested. Kumar doab Sir, Face to face also discuss also through friends but there is no outcome. I am wondering such an educated person will leave his own family and stay with inlaws. There was no point of money here, even if he would have given emotional support it would have been done. Vijay raj mahajan sir, Thanks for the suggestion, will follow.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register