Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Tushar (BDM)     02 October 2013

Brokerage to the soceity

Hello Sir,

I am Tushar Pathak and I live in a rented property in Vejalpur area of Ahmedabad. Recently I came to know that our housing society is going to impose INR 5000 rupees to tenants as brokerage to society (according to them, a tenant pays brokerage to real estate broker if they consult him and those who have got a house from direct contact of owner(s) should pay brokerage to society, since they are allowing us to live in their society) also they are asking to increase the amount of maintenance to double of what owners pay in actual. For e.g. Owners pay INR 300 as maintenance and they are asking the tenants to pay INR 450.

I would appreciate your kind attention towards this matter. Your suggestions/comments/thoughts on it will be very helpful for me to resolve this matter with the chairman of the housing society without going into any dispute and solving this amicably.

Thanking you in advance.

Tushar Pathak

Learning

2 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     02 October 2013

If the Memorandum of Association of the Society and its bye laws contain the information narrated by you, you may have to abide by the conditions imposed thereto, but if you feel that the conditions are unjustified, you may seek a copy of the bye laws and represent your grievances before the registrar of Society in writing stating that the conditions imposed are unreasonable and the registrar's intervention as per law is sought.

2BHelpfull (Other)     03 October 2013

Society can demand non-occupation charge from the member of the society.

they cannot double the maintainous bill.

but they can impose non occupancy charge in maintainous bill.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register