LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

harithasa R (edu consul)     17 April 2010

can be it be terminated

can  a hinduwomen  and men remarry legaly if tby declaring unmarried at the register office even though they are married and is it just so simple they can get married in temple and register their marriage

can she turn back the marriage again from the register office with in 30 days of marrriage if she wants to cancel it

can a register marriage be done immediately

can a registe marrige be reversed or certifciate of marriage be cancelled

what is the procedure and imm action to be done

Learning

2 Replies

Gundlapallis (Advocate)     17 April 2010

Hindu marriage is a sacrament.  Hindu marriages are governed by codified laws.  A man and woman can marry only if they are not under any disqalification mentioned in the law.  Only such marriage is recognised.  A marriage between disqualified is unrecognised i.e,, void from the begining.  

A married man and a married woman cannot marry each other without divorcing their existing spouses.  This marrage is void and illegal.  Respective spouses of both the husband and wife can take legal action against them.  They will land in Jail.

Giving a false declaration to authority is also another offence.  First of all the marriage itself is void and hence there is no question of reversing or cancelling.  They have committed a well recorded crime.  Its better they settle peacefully among themselves before any one of their spouses going for a complaint.   

Suchitra. S (Advocate)     18 April 2010

Haritasa Sir, I completely agree with gundlapallis Sir. But I did not understand you mentioning about  "remarry legally by declaring unmarried at the registrar office"....  !!    :D

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More