LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

harikanth thevar   16 September 2017

Can i file extortion case against fellow superior colleague

Greetings!!! I have rendered my service to a school as a teacher now that my payment for the last 6 month has come the principal of the school is asking for a 20 percent commission from that amount for passing the cheque. Can this be considered extortion?? If yes then what are the procedures to file those charges

Learning

10 Replies

Siddharth Srivastava (Advocate)     16 September 2017

It is no the case of extortion. Trap the pricipal. It is illegal gratification and bribery so trap him with the help of police or anti corruption bureau.

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     16 September 2017

How exactly does the Principal want the 20%? Does he/she want the amount in cash in advance to pass the cheque?

No she wants it after the cheque is passed but she keeps on negotiating until I budge...but I am firm on my stand...may be she will fire me if I don't give in to her demands.

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     16 September 2017

Is yours a Government School? What the principal is asking is not called extortion technically?  It is illegal gratification. Other terms are corruption, bribery etc.  You can get in touch with the vigilance department and arrange a trap. You can appear to concede to her demand and catch her while accepting cash. There may also be other teachers, from whom she is asking such payment. You can also stealthily videograph her talk using your mobile.

It's a private school..it is possible to take action against her through anti corruption bureau??

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     17 September 2017

If you promise to pay first and back out after your cheque is passed what will she do?

harikanth thevar   17 September 2017

May be she will fire me....which I don't want her to do

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     17 September 2017

She may fire you if you complain to the police or anti-corruption bureau also. Are you in temporary employment? Is your salary paid by the Government? Are there other teachers similar to you from whom also she is demanding payment?

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     21 September 2017

Originally posted by : harikanth thevar
It's a private school..it is possible to take action against her through anti corruption bureau??

No. PC Act applies to public servants only.         

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     21 September 2017

This is a simple case of extorption under IPC.  Vigilance dpett will not enter for trap as PC act is not inovlved.  It is the police who can do it.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register