Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Can i marry a married man in following situation

Page no : 2

(Guest)

Originally posted by : ananya rai

She wants as much money as possible by charging him with multiple crimes. all she wanted was to marry and claim money from divorce since she is from poor family background. she is desperate for money and he is desperate for the case to end, so that we can live together legally as my parents will marry me off to another guy as soon as they can

Such a case I have dealt with before and trust me, couples are living happily!

One option is there, which is very practical all three can come out of this mess happily.

You do one thing.

You arrange for that lumpsum amount for the sake of your lover to get divorce.  Consider it as dowry that you are giving in advance to your lover.

He pay money to his poor wife, he get divorce.  His wife get money, you get lover.  All is well that ends well.

If you dont have capacity to arrange lumpsum money what his wife wants, then you both raise a loan.  

Such a beginning will only solidify your bond, take loan, pay back loan over a 50 year period, make an agreement that until the loan amount is not cleared either of you do not commit adultery or approach court for divorce.

This is a fool proof plan, your investment will be in your hands.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     10 September 2013

Dear Ananya Rai,

Firstly you have to see that how far the vague ideas called true love love and a bright and solid future can be confirmed from the person with whom you are intending to live forever in marriage or other wise?,  The fuss about your boy friend's legal case whether matrimonial dispute or dowry and other criminal cases against him, whether sustainable once he parts away with the lump sum amount his wife demanded from him?  If he is ready to meet his wife's demand of ransom, then he can very well fix it up with his wife asking her to withdraw all her criminal complaints against him and that he will  submit to degree of divorce on the divorce petition filed by her.  The present live-in relationship with your BF seems like your fancied about the life and are attracted to mere physical feelings and that you have not foreseen the problems that may arise in the later part of the life especially in the post divorce era of your partner who doesnt seems to have much attachment towards communal or sentimental values of the fellow society, hence,please come out of your illusions think over the issue patiently, donot hurry up things and repent later for deciding things hastily. Advocate Kalaiselvan-

SAI KIRAN R (ADVOCATE)     10 September 2013

Implead yourself in to the case before the court and seek the courts relief  of  granting divorcee at the earliest- stating the fact about your  live-in relationship with this man that you have entered into without knowledge about the existing marriage . If you are above 18 years of age your parents cannot intervene into this relationship.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     10 September 2013

Advocate Sai Kiran's advice of impleading herself in the case as a party is not maintainable in law.   Any application byher in this connection before the court will damper the proceedings before the court as well as it will confirm the petitioner's case about allher allegations against her husband which isnothing but digging one' own grave;  hence as advice by Adv. Sai Kiran, Ananya Rai, if she is above 18 years old, can resist her parents' decision of marrying her off to somebody against her wishes

(Guest)

@Kalaiselvan

Any reason for opinionating that her boyfriend has not much attachment towards communal or sentimental values of the fellow society?

Dr. Jyothi Vishwanath (Associate Professor of Law)     10 September 2013

All experts are cautioning that you have to wait till divorce is pronounced by the court.

It is legally correct and will bring peace and happiness in your life. Any short cut method may create more problems. The wife may prosecute him for bigamy and adultery.

Even you dont earn much respect in the  society.

Wait till things clear. Till then you too attain some more maturity and can decide better. It is always better to act with patience with this man even if you are madly in love with him. You are right now a student. Complete your education first and till then give some time for the things to shape up in your favour.  

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     10 September 2013

the marriage will be void ab initio it will be better wait till the divorce. if you want protection from your parents you can file a domestic violence case against your parents(If you think fit) 

(Guest)

You lady, seem to be in love.

You either go according to what ur heart says or forget it. 

ananya rai (student)     11 September 2013

thank you everyone for your replies.. A WISE MAN SAID " LOVE NEEDS PATIENCE" and  therefore the only solution to my problem is to have patience and wait until he gets his divorce.. i once again thank all of you for helping me in my tough times.

ananya rai (student)     11 September 2013

thank you everyone for your replies.. A WISE MAN SAID " LOVE NEEDS PATIENCE" and  therefore the only solution to my problem is to have patience and wait until he gets his divorce.. i once again thank all of you for helping me in my tough times.

Dr. Jyothi Vishwanath (Associate Professor of Law)     11 September 2013

you are welcome...

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register