Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sandeep (manager)     02 October 2011

Changes made to the sale deed before registration

I have recently purchased a flat in mumbai.

However, just befor the day of my registration, for some reason builder has changed the name of the project. Now since the sale deed was printed with the old name of the project, before registration builder has put a whitener and written the new name to replace old name.

He has clearly told me not to worry since all these are done before the registration process and is completely legal since changes have been done before registering and scanning the documents..

Please advise is he right that any changes can be made before registration and in that case there is no need for rectification deed??

Thanks

Learning

5 Replies

(Guest)
YES HE CAN DO THIS. DON'T WORRY ABOUT THAT. IF HE NOT DISCLOSE THE ABOVE FACT FROM YOU THEN IT BECOME ACTIONABLE.

sandeep (manager)     03 October 2011

So is the rectification deed not required?

My concern is that at lot of places whitener has been applied and the new name has been written. However all this was done before the registration process..

Please help -Thanks

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     03 October 2011

Dear sandeep

First of all tell me that the sale deed is printed on stamp Paper or on ordinory paper, if it is on stamp paper then all the correction may be confused the ragistrar to identified the property, if it is on ordinary paper then dont worry,

secondl things is that you have any agreement to slae or not? if you ahve any agreement to sale and in which the old name of the project is mention then take an Affidavit from the Builders that the old name of this project is .......and the new name is this, or entered into other new agreement.

feel free to call me on 9953809956 or write me on my id nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com

R Ravindran Nair (Advocate)     03 October 2011

As per the registration Rules applicable in all States there are provisions to show the note of corrections in the documents which are being registered.  If any correction is made in a deed which is to be registered, the note of corrections is to be entered at the end of the document specifying the page and lines wherein corrections are made.

Ravindran Nair

Advocate

Subhendu Pattnaik (Advocate)     07 October 2011

before registration . Don't worry

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register