LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

BhanuPrasad Bondi   29 June 2024

CHEQUE BOUNCE

Is cheque bounce case between father and son valid on basis of money spent by father for children studies?

MY cheques were stolen by my step mom and father as I was thrown out of my house after marrying a girl against my parents will... How should I proceed further?

Please advise

Learning

3 Replies

TANAJI JAMDADE (LAWYER)     29 June 2024

The case is not attract for cheque bounce. So you are option to firstly lodged complaint against them for misuse of cheques. so this helps for the further proceeding. If the father in future filed complaint against you in which you defend aganst them in court of law. 

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     29 June 2024

The cheque bounce case will not be maintainable if the complainant could not prove legally liable debt 

However you can lodge a criminal complaint about loss of cheque with police and issue instructions to bank for Stop payment if the cheque is presented after that.

Have you signed the cheques that were stolen by them, if not then you don't worry about it.

BhanuPrasad Bondi   01 July 2024

Thank you for valuable responses sir. I have signed an agreement in police station under severe harassment by police.I complained to SP sir regarding that.
Cheques were signed by me sir

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register