LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jasbeer Singh (student)     12 March 2013

Christian divorce property

My sister and I are both Majors, my mother wants a divorce from my father. My mother has been the only one supporting us and not my father, however we live in a two story house under the name of my fathers mother which is self owned but bought by my granfather before the enactment of benami prohibition, 1988 . My mother has lived here for 22 years now and now they want us to leave before divorce proceedings have even started. 

The issues i have are

1. will my mother become an owner of this first floor by holding out or by being an ostensible owner or by adverse posession since she has proof of living here for 22 years

2. my father forced my mother to pay for half of a car but the car is entirely on her name, can she claim the car as her own since its only on her name

3. both have an apartment which has been registered as joint owners, can my mother get the other house? as she has no alternative accomodation and can she get maintainence? for me and my sister atleast as were still in college and my father has not payed our fees ever

Learning

1 Replies

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     13 March 2013

Dear jasbeer

it is better for all of you to setlle the matter amicably and registered a family settlement deed as per you terms and condition.

Feel Free to Call

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register