Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dinesh (Own)     07 June 2013

Continous number of working days

Dear Friends,

One of my relatives is working in a Private College. It seems the management is asking him/her to come to college on every other sundays. This means he/she has to go to college continuoulsy for 13 days in a single stretch without a leave. It seems that there is no Compensation either by off / pay has been given to the person.

Can some one throw me some light on the continous number of working days (hoping it is 8 days) for a person as per Government Rules. Can you let me know the section no. / rule no. or a location where I can find these points. This would be really helpful to know the basic rights of a labour.

Thanks in Advance.

Dinesh Ram. M

Learning

1 Replies

sachin agarwal (lawyer)     08 June 2013

hello sir,  first of all kindly you see the rules and regulations of that private college.  Actually Sunday  is the guzited holiday and not covered under the working days as per the policy of the school, colleges, however, in a casual days the management can call to the teachers on Sunday but in a regular course they cannot call them.  Please you see the guideline of the State government and the central government in respect of the private schools.  May you tell me a question that are they maintaining the register for the attendance of the teachers in a known working day, as per my opinion they have not maintained this, have they paying extra allowances in respect of the extra working days.  As per my opinion they are not doing to do so.  If your relative have any problem or any uncomfortness then she may go before the appropriate authority and move the application for some relief as per court of law.   You just make the complaint for the violation of the ruling prescribed by the government before the concerned commissioner or police. Thanks with regard.

Sachin Agarwal advocate 9210625938

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register