LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajesh Kumar   21 September 2024

Dealing with issues land plot allocation and registration issues in ranchi, jharkhand

This incident took place in Ranchi, Jharkhand, in 2010. A land developer purchased several plots from locals, combined them, and subdivided them into smaller plots to sell to various buyers, most of whom were from different cities and intended to use the plots for investment purposes. After the sales, the land developer became inactive in managing the project. Consequently, many local villagers dismantled the boundaries, and the entire layout was compromised. Many plot owners subsequently sold their plots to locals at very low prices.

When I attempted to claim my land, I encountered significant confusion. At the time of the project's launch, the land developer had combined government plots numbered 249 and 260 and 261 and 262, and created over 50 plots for sale.

We reached out to the government Amin and discovered that my registry is associated with govt RS plot number 261, but a substantial portion of my allocated land falls within govt RS plot number 262, which is not mentioned in the registry documents.

Now, how to fix this issues? Land Developers is alive but inactive and many project of the plots has been bought by locals mafia at cheap rate and creating more confusion with existing plot owners and mis selling the plots to many.

I seek assistance in addressing the following questions:

Q1 - If most of my plot allocation is in government plot number 262, but my registration is in government plot number 261, how can I correct the registry documents?

Q1 - When land developers create subdivisions by combining multiple parcels, which authority in Ranchi, Jharkhand, do they seek approval from?

Q3 - Should I pursue my allocated plots from the inactive land developer, or should I reach out to the 10+ unknown plot owners of government plot number 261?

Q4 - What is the best approach to regain control over my plot?

Learning

2 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     21 September 2024

1. First of all ascertain your property and the details therein as per the registered document to that of the pnysical features.
  2. After that on the basis of documentary evidences you consult a local lawyer and file a suit for declaration of your property's title to your name on the basis of registered title document and to identify your property with the help of revenue officials and government surveyor and for possession of your plot, before that you issue a legal notice to the seller and let him deny or refuse to comply with the demands made or does not receives your legal notice, you may approch civil court for remedy and relief.

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     22 September 2024

Why did you not check status of the plot/ land before finalisation of purchase transaction as saying / warning rightly advises, "buyer beware"?

Show relevant documents to a local prudent lawyer for better appreciation and verification of facts, professional advise and necessary proceeding.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register