Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Help Anna (Project Manager)     17 December 2012

Delay payment charges being imposed by builder

Hi,

I have purchased a flat in Megapolis project in hingewadi pune (Kumar Properties)

Since I purchased the flat I have received only 9 due statement notifications from the builder. In my last due statement notification, suddenly I was presented with a sum of Rs.73000 as delay payment charges for all my payments done since start of 2011. I was never notified at any given point of time (written or verbal) by the builder that I am due for any "accrued" delay payment charges by builder. Also all these 9 notifications reached me just 3-4 days before last date of payment and everytime when I used to complain about it, the backoffice used to tell me that, no need to worry. Still I made payment within 1-2 weeks of notification.

But now they have sent me a statement that for all the slabs for which I never received any notification, I need to pay the delay payment charges.

Can someone tell me my statuary rights as a consumer to deal with this? This is share mental harassment and I want to take them to consmer court. Can someone tell me if this path is appropriate as builder is not ready to budge and will not give me the possession of the flat if I do not give in!

Learning

1 Replies

Chetan Joshi (Advisory/Advocacy)     18 December 2012

If you're sure that you have not delayed in the payment of the installment, then you should raise the dispute in the consumer forum...

Do all the communication with the builder in the form which can be produced as evidence (e - mail etc). Start by communicating your refusal of the said amount....

If you do some online research, you will find people doing it for free(time consuming), you can hire a lawyer too....

Regards

Chetan(dot)7679(at)gmail(dot)com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register