Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

M A   08 September 2024

Dv case by wife

My wife has filed DV case.We both are staying in different state.I received summon from court for first hearing.I went but presiding officer was on leave.After 4 days I received call from IO to come at police station and made me talk to her in her state and asked me to come for reconciliation meeting.Why the IO is calling me when the matter is in court.

Learning

4 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     08 September 2024

If your wife had additionally lodged a criminal complaint other than the DV case then the police officer may have summoned you for inquiry.

Your post lacks detail or clarity, hence you may revert with more details to render a proper opinion.

M A   08 September 2024

We were not together since last 2 years.My wife has filed DV case in another state where she shifted recently.I have received summon alongwith my parents from court for first hearing regarding dv case but hearing got rescheduled as Presiding officer was on leave.The police from her state has not sent me official letter for summon he just told me he is IO over phone.He asked to come at the police station for reconciliation or he will lodge FIR.He has not asked my parents to come.He is continuously asking me to call my wife even when court has issue protection order to my wife.Is it because she is going for 498A??

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     09 September 2024

IO has no role, jurisdiction or authority to call you in a complaint under section 12 of the Protection of Women from Domestic Violence Act, 2005.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register