LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ishan Sharma   11 June 2021

Electricity connection issue

2 Years back my land lord got a new electricity connection (as per Landlord) and they sent money to the person to get a new connection when I arrived to this house there was no light so I asked broker who helped me to get this house to inform the Landlord at night I got the light.. Few months later in 2019 I informed the broker that we were not getting electricity bill and I would not be able to pay the bills in one go but he never pass my information to landlord and at that time I was not having landlord's number I continuously followed up with the broker for this issue however due to no response I left the conversation and even landlord didn't bothered to connect with me. In last year renewal broker was involved and I have to pay him brokerage as well. Now after two years when I asked my Landlord to renew the agreement themselves then during the process they asked me for electricity bill, I informed them that I do not have electricity bill from last 2 years since I am staying here. I went to electricity board to check and found that the meter was disconnected 5 months back and was not renewed by anyone. Now the scene is my Landlord wants me to get new connection and get it installed on my own expense and get it rectified as they live abroad. Please let me know if there could be any legal actions on me?

Learning

6 Replies

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     12 June 2021

It is lengthy query so better to approach a local lawyer and get clarity 

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     13 June 2021

Vague and confusing facts can not lead to form proper opinion and oblige.

Ishan Sharma   13 June 2021

Long Story short there is a fraud meter installed before I came to this place due to which I did not received any bill from last two years. So recently when I went to electricity board they informed me that this connection is already disconnected 5 months back when we came to this place. So I need guidance and information so that I should be clean from my end.

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     13 June 2021

Now what is your issues. You paid amount?

P. Venu (Advocate)     13 June 2021

Please post facts in simple sentences avoiding your personal and subjective opinions.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     14 June 2021

The questions are:

If the meter was disconnected five months ago by the electricity department then on what basis you had been using the electricity for all these five months?

Hope you are consuming the electricity even after knowing that the meter has been disconnected, but how?

Next, you had occupied this rented premises around two years ago, whether you have paid any amount towards the electricity consumption so far or not?

Thus you had been consuming electricity without paying the consumption bills so fr after occupying the rented premises?

What is the broker doing here because the broker's job is to introduce the rented premise to the tenant , take his brokerage and leave the place.

What is the purpose that you had been contacting the broker for the last two years and , whether it is a fact that you never had been able to contact the landlord for these two years, if so, how ave you been paying the monthly rental amount to the landlord?

Believe there is no truth in your query or perhaps you are not able to explain the problem properly, hence you may at least answer the question raised here so that you can get proper opinion/solution to your actual problems, if any.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register