LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kapil pandit (mechanical Manager)     31 October 2012

Expericence certificates

I was working with M/s Sterling wilson Pvt. Ltd., mumbai and M/s B Mehtalia Consultant Pvt. Ltd.,mumbai and resigned from those company with full settlement but I have not been issued any experience certificate from them. Now to continue in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia as a mechanical engineering service, they want to check my expericence certificates from India. How should I approach this issue ? Now almost 5-6 years has passed after I left Sterling and wilson. 

Learning

4 Replies

Samson Samuel (Lawyer)     31 October 2012

Mr. Kapil

How long did you work in these organisation? The reason for my question is that most companies refuse the Experience Certificate for a tenure less than 6 months or 1 year in some cases.

Plus if you know the whereabouts of the present location of these companies, you can directly approach them for your certificate. They have to provide you the same and can not deny.

kapil pandit (mechanical Manager)     31 October 2012

I worked in those company's more than 1 years . In sterling wilson 1.5 years and in mehtalia 2 years and 2 months . I can certainly traced their adress. But worried they will refused since long time has been passed out . 

Samson Samuel (Lawyer)     31 October 2012

Kapil

They cannot refuse you your Experience Certificates. You can only be sure of this only after visiting their offices. 

I would recommend that you take all the document that you have with you in support of you employment while visiting the office e.g. Appointment letter, Salary Slips, Full and Final Statement, Income Tax Returns or TDS returns etc... Take what ever document you have related to that company. This will help you make a solid claim. 

Kumar Doab (FIN)     31 October 2012

Mr. Samuel has given valuable advice. Kindly follow it.

Company is under obligation to provide you the service certificate/work experience certificate, relieving letter.

If you have been relieved with full settlement company should have provided you the FNF statement as well. IN FNF statement DOJ/DOL is mentioned.

IN salary slip/FNF statement employee number must have been mentioned. Until you are able to visit them you may initiate the communication by mentioning your full name, designation, last location, employee number etc and request for service certificate/work experience certificate, relieving letter. If your last address as in company records has changed you may mention that your new address is as given below.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register