Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

anon (ZYX)     18 September 2012

Few clarifications

Hi,

The questions below relate to a male having OCD and if he does not disclose it before marriage

1. If annulment is as good as marriage not happened, why should alimony be applicable for hiding Something like OCD before marriage?

2. Even if you disclose to prospective alliance, what form of communication will be considered as not hiding? Will e-mail communication be sufficient? Even if they agree verbally or by e-mail, if they refute (the girls' side) it after marriage, will court accept their argument or consider the boy's argument that it was told? Will e-mail be enough - obviously nobody is going to give a written/signed document of any kind?

3. If the boy has indeed tried disclosing to many alliances without any success and then only resorted to marrying without disclosing, will the court give some consideration to that?Obviously this last resort is taken due to probably no choice left. Honesty does not often help in society and there is always the social stigma associated with things like OCD.

Learning

3 Replies

anon (ZYX)     21 September 2012

Hi,

Can somebody please reply to the questions I have posted in my message?

Thanks

Prashant Ghai (Advocate) (PrashantGhai.com)     21 September 2012

What is OCD? At least I'm not able to understand your query.

anon (ZYX)     25 September 2012

Hi,

I am referring to the following medical descripttion about OCD: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001926/ and the implications of the following Hindu Marriage act on it https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hindu_Marriage_Act. The problem in question for the person I am describing is neither recurring insanity or anything of that sort nor does it sound a condition unfit for marriage- but its non-disclosure is supposedly likely entitling the other party to annulment - I want to know if annulment in this case would require alimony (recurring alimony to be paid) and will the court consider the point in favor of the male (who has not diclosed) if the person has indeed tried disclosing but only after many failed attempts to get an alliance by disclosing, then resorted to hiding the truth before marriage?

Thanks

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register