LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nirav Patel (Tech Lead)     10 October 2013

Filing consumer court case is possible in this case?

Hello Sir / Ma'm

I want to fill complaint against the Company because of their unwanted bill. I've used it 3G Broadband services. Before a few months ago, I've stopped the services because I've lost my data card.

The Story behind this is "When I lost my data card, at that time the service already been discontinued from the company side, because of not paying a bill. Before a five month ago, The company have sent me a Legal Notice through Local Attorney to Pay a bill of 2600 approx.

I've paid through and cleared all pending amounts because, It was my fault that I've not called to customer care to stop the services. I called the person at home to collect the cheque.

Now, here the conversation between me at the Representative of the company.

- First I've given the cheque to him.

- Now Representative asked: Sir, will you continue this services or have to Stop it.

- I replayed: No, Don't want start the Services, because I lost the Data Card.

- Representative Said: Sir, When will you start service again.

- I replied: I will call you to start service, when I receive a new Data Card.

- At the conversation I declined to start the service, and stop it.

After a few hours: I recieved a call from the Customer Care regarding this, still I've declined to start the Service same conversation with them also.

Now, They are asking again for the payment of INR 2664 then after 3 month bill. I've not used a 1 MB net from this service. When they called me before, I refused to pay them this outstanding amount, because this is un-expected.

I've complaint to the the company officer for this issue using online forum GrahakSeva.

They've not solved my complain, and messaged me for compassionate amount of 2014 to pay. I refused once again and stopped receiving call from them.

Suddenly, Today morning I received one call, which comes from some unknown number. Number is:9896493840

The caller says, That I'm Junior lawyer of some person. We are filing case against you in Delhi High court regarding this. He suggest me to call to my senior Lawyer for more information. You will get court notice from local district court, you have to come Delhi high court after 2 days.

I asked him, that I've not receive any notice from your side, so how could you file the case. The attorney said me: that we have sent a notice before few days ago and we haven't receive any communication regarding this from your side.

Actually, I've not received any legal notice on this matter. Actually, I'm living in Ahmedabad and the are filing case at Delhi High Court that's my problem. They are harassing a literally to me since last six month.

As my thinking, I thought that it is a fake call to compensate from debt collector, So I've not called the Senior Lawyer, as he suggested. He called 3 to 4 time then after and I haven't received due to office hours.

Now, I need some legal advice from your side. Please, suggest me what I've to do for this matter.

Thanks in Advance...

Best Wishes,
Nirav Patel

Learning

2 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     10 October 2013

Did the company send you any bill even after clearing the entire previous dues?, if so, ask for the detail, in case they fail to give proper explanation send them a notice either through a lawyer or on your own quoting their malicious intentions behind their current bill, ask them to solve the issue thereon and if they still continue to do so, approach district consumer forum with your grievances seeking redress of the same. 

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     11 October 2013

Sir,

[1] Did you get an official receipt for your payment? [2] Were you officially intimated, in writing, about resumption of service?

[3] Did you accept resumption of service? If your reply is NO to the last two queries, then you need not be afraid of any legal action in the matter.

You can complain to [a] Department of Telecommunication; [b] Telecom Regulatory Authority of India, about the matter and they will surely take strict action against the service provider.

Consumer Court may not consider your case apt for admission.

Good Luck,

Kishor Mehta

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register