LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

RENJITH (ACCOUNTS EXECUTIVE)     02 November 2009

FORGE/FUND MISMANAGEMENT

Hi Friends one of my relative was working as a Branch Manager for a prominant finance company in Mumbai and he is now accused of forging the signature of a Director and cashing a client cheque and also misappropriation of money.He is now in Judicial custody...he says that the documents are fabricated and that he is innocent.Now I have few questions

1) Is there anyway to prove his innocence...a silly question I know..but I am asking this coz all the related documents are with the company and the bank and the employees support the management coz they are mighty..ourside doesnt have any document to prove our innocence...

2) Our lawyer is saying an item in FIR concerns a NON-BAILABLE offence..can that be fact ? forgery/fraud amounts to non-bailable offence ? My relative is never involved in a litigation before....

3) If there is no other way can we go for out of court settlement..ie paying the money he is supposed to have taken ???

Please help me here...

Learning

3 Replies

Raj Kumar Makkad (Adv P & H High Court Chandigarh)     02 November 2009

I have already replied in detail quaestionwise in the main quarry raised before the experts. Nothing to add more in the already filed reply.

radhakrishnap (student)     02 November 2009

how are they going to prove that the signatures of the directors were forged?

RENJITH (ACCOUNTS EXECUTIVE)     03 November 2009

I assume that Director is hand in glove with the management (its obvious isnt it) and my relative had some heated argument with the senior management before all these things happened..so my question is what if the Director claims that he didnt sign the cheque and that its a clever forgery..how can we prove otherwise ?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register