Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anil Rajak (AGM)     23 September 2012

Full & final settlement

Dear Sir/Mam,

Last month i have resigned form my existing company provided them the 15 days of notice period.

The GM and COO has released me with a day and provided me the releiving letter.

I have tried to contact them via mail wirting for the full and final settlement which consist one month salary the leave encasment for last 3 years and Incentive for FY-2011-12 which was aggreed to release in month of july.

Now while contacting them via mail nor response is been found from last one month.

what shall do. please suggest me.

Thanks

Learning

7 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     23 September 2012

You have posted that:

--“Last month i have resigned form my existing company provided them the 15 days of notice period.”

You may demand to add the wages for the balance of 14 days of your 15 days notice in your FNF statement/settlement.

Or you may decline in writing to accept the FNF statement and write that you have received the instrument of payment/payment in a/c under protest.

Or you could have refused to accept relieving 14 days before the effective date of your resignation terming it illegal, unlawful.

---“Now while contacting them via mail nor response is been found from last one month.”

It might be the internal policy of the company to settle FNF dues in a month or so. You must be having the copy of the policy of the company.

You may supply a letter by redg. post addressed to good offices of your appointing authority, MD, Chairman, Company Secretary, with a copy to COO/CEO/GM, narrating that you had submitted notice of resignation dated……….with a notice of …..Days, however company relived you on dated………and supplied the relieving letter dated……….

That you have supplied following communication s till date for settlement of you’re a/c and payment of your dues:………..

However the following has not been supplied to you till date:

Acknowledgment of notice of resignation, acceptance of resignation, FNF statement, payment of wages and FNF dues to be paid by company e.g……….narrate the details, form 16, NOC/NDC, PF number, PF account slips, etc……You may mention that you are enclosing the duly filled PF withdrawal/transfer forms { which you can obtain from local PF office}, FormI { if you are eligible for gratuity}, and a postage prepaid { as purchased from PO} self addressed envelope and may company may supply you all payments and documents as mentioned above along with original acknowledgment issued by PF office, and acknowledgment of your FormI by company and controlling authority of gratuity, and payment of your dues by bank DD only thru redg . post only, so as to reach you say within next 7 days.

Has the company posted any adverse comments, good comments, in relieving letter or it is with no comments on your conduct and performance. Relieving letter with good comments is a good option.

If the good offices do not grant any relief you may have to issue a notice.

It shall be appropriate to approach  a competent and exeprienced labor consultant/service lawyer, well versed with such matters, show all documents and give inputs in person, and let your lawyer evaluate the merits, and suggest appropriate forum if the need be.

In a given situation employee can invoke the Industrial Employment standing orders Act, Payment of Wages Act, SE Act, and ID Act as per explanation of employee under these Enactments or approach civil court. Designation alone does not decide employee is a workman or not.

Confirm if standing orders were applicable to your industry and company and did the company extend these to your designation. If standing orders were applicable and were not formed by your company model standing orders shall apply. The situation expressed by you and bond may be in violation of standing orders of the company.

As per standing orders Act Company should pay the FNF wages on last day in office.

The standing orders are to be displayed at notice board and should be supplied to employees at nominal charges. You can peruse the RTI route and request the PIO at concerned o/o Labor Commissioner {location: redg office or Corporate Office of the company} to supply you the certified copy of the certified standing orders of the company. Model Standing orders may be posted at Dept. of Labor website of your state.

The exemption from Industrial Employment standing orders Act to IT companies has been ended by the govt.

You may find the attachments useful.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     23 September 2012

Attached.

Attached File : 924643392 exemption from labor laws withdrawan by karnataka.doc downloaded: 125 times

DUANE (TYPIST)     23 September 2012

phone them up and find out why you have not got salary or stipend. threaten them with going to the police. go to the deputy labour commissioner and complain to him. he will go both the parties and try to settle the matter. else forget about it as it only a few rupees do not go to court as a lawyer will charge 20000 to 50000 just to take the case and 1000 to 5000 just to attend the case plus if you file a suit on the firm they may send gangsters to beat you up wait for sometime as they may give you the salary or stipend after some  time as the company may been suffering from loss or must  be fraudulent bankrupt they may pay you the money after some time some companies pay salaries after 3 long months to their workers

Kumar Doab (FIN)     24 September 2012

Newpapers publish new many times that citizens did Chhittar Pared { beaten with slaps, punches, shoes, chappals, and paraded} of offenders, made video, called media, and handed them over to police.If any employer dispatches goons this is what should be done.

DUANE (TYPIST)     25 September 2012

if you want do court proceedings go to consumer court first you need to phone them then go to consumer court

jessy (PO)     25 September 2012

Dear sir

I have a query regarding two issues:-

1. I was working with HDFC Securities for 8 months and i was not confirmed but due to some family problem and timings issues ,i have resigned from my job,in my appointment letter,they have a clause that if a person is in probation period ,he/she has to serve a notice period of 1 month or will have to surrender one month salary,as i was getting harrassed by my manager due to timings issues and due to family problem,i am unable to serve notice period,so i surrender my one month salary but after doing that too,they are not giving me NOC and my releaving letter,plz let me knw what would be the best solution for it.

2.Recently i have joined HDFC Life on offroll basis 20 days before,first they told me that they dint require any NOC from my previous company but after generating offer letter which is being accepted by me ,they are saying they require NOC from my earlier employer i.e.,HDFC Securities ,in addition to it HR is saying that my joining is on hold but how come its possible when i already get offer letter and working in the company from last 20 days,now they are saying me to resign,i have offer letter and hard copy of their mails with me which contains process of my joining.I have provided them a mail in which my BM of HDFC Securities have given consent that my resignation is being accepted and i am being releaved at their end but they are not considering that and telling me to get NOC which is out of question at my end as HDFC Securities people are not giving me NOC and releaving letter,Plz suggest me best solution that how i can take up this issue.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     26 September 2012

In a given situation employee can invoke the Industrial Employment standing orders Act, Payment of Wages Act, SE Act, and ID Act as per explanation of employee under these Enactments or approach civil court. Designation alone does not decide employee is a workman or not.

Confirm if standing orders were applicable to your industry and company and did the company extend these to your designation. If standing orders were applicable and were not formed by your company model standing orders shall apply. The situation expressed by you and bond may be in violation of standing orders of the company.

As per standing orders Act Company should provide service certificate and pay the FNF wages on last day in office.

The standing orders are to be displayed at notice board and should be supplied to employees at nominal charges. You can peruse the RTI route and request the PIO at concerned o/o Labor Commissioner {location: redg office or Corporate Office of the company} to supply you the certified copy of the certified standing orders of the company. Model Standing orders may be posted at Dept. of Labor website of your state.

It shall be appropriate to approach  a competent and exeprienced labor consultant/service lawyer, well versed with such matters, show all documents and give inputs in person, and let your lawyer evaluate the merits, and suggest appropriate forum if the need be.

You have honored the terms and clauses of your appointment letter and have tendered notice pay. Company has not .It is believed that you have handed over the charge, company property and completed exit formalities, and nothing is due at your end, and that company has not leveled any charge on you.

It is felt that company HR is adamant as this company may have internal employer policy that employee who has not served notice period shall be deprived of relieving letter, NOC, service certificate, FNF statement/settlement, Form 16, PF transfer etc.

You may submit a carefully structured and drafted representation to good office of your appointing authority, MD, Company Secretary, Chairman, and request to issue docs as desired by you thru redg. post so as to reach you within …days as suitable to you.

You may try by meeting your BM and good offices and resolve the matter in your favor.

Or you may have to agitate and take help of your lawyer.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register