Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rao from AP (Private Service)     10 June 2015

Gift deed without previous registration

Respected advocates,

My mother bought a house in our village a few years back and living there itself. She is living there and paying taxes on her name. There is no registered document on her name. She only has a written document on a Rs. 100 stamp paper where the seller also signed. Now I want to dismantle old house and construct a new one and my mother also accepted for that. I am expecting a dispute from my brother on this once I start construction and he is likely to pressurize for share in that property (land). My mother is willing to write that property on my name. I would like to know whether gift deed is possible as there is no previous registered documentation. What is the best course of action for me to construct a house there without dispute from my brother? There is no issue with the original seller as they have migrated from the village to other place.

Thanking you.

Rao

Learning

1 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     10 June 2015

First get the document registered in your mother name or if she agrees in your name by the vendors who sold the house. Without  registration, no plan will be approved. and it requires previous deed also.  if the sale deed  executed in your mother name, then your mother may give you the house by way of gift deed.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register