Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kishore SS (Engineer)     02 July 2014

Gramakantam inheritance rules

Hello Everyone,

I need your insight and advice on my current situation.

We have a old house in Hyd, we are planning to dismantle it and build a new house in its place.

I came to know that it falls under Gramakantam of local village. And the house is still under my Grand Fathers name. Property tax and other utilities are also on his name. But my Grand Father expired long time back. During division of property between his sons, my Father got this house. Now my Father is also expired. So now to build a new house in its place what should I need to do. Is it even allowed to do so, if so what all should I take care of.

Appreciate your response,

Thanks and Regards,

Madhav.

Learning

3 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Telangana state Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     03 July 2014

Obtain title of the property on your name. For this you have to obtain legal heir certificate from the local city civil courts. After getting the legal heir certificate, the same has to produce local municipal/grampanchat office to get title of the property. Then only you can get permission for new construction on the existing property. for help conact me.

Advocate Ravinder (Advocate/Attorney)     03 July 2014

Dear Madhav.

I disagree with Ramachary sir. When it is a land of Gramakantam, you will not get any title.  It is not marketable property. By merely paying property tax and other utilities, you will not get title, which will be useful to prove that you are in possession.  Only one option for you to be in possession by constructing a new house and get a new municipal number. You shall have only possessory rights and nothing else.  If you want to make the land to get title, it is a long procedure.  You contact me ravinder2345@gmail.com. I will find out a way for you. 

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     04 July 2014

First ensure on whose name the title of the property lies in the revenue records.  If the property belongs to Government (the gramakantham), an application to the revenue authority to allot and transfer the name on to you may be moved, the result will let you know that whether the same belongs to you or not.  Better consult a local lawyer and take his advise on further proceedings to this subject.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register