LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Hemant Khalane (team leader)     20 January 2013

Grandfather's agriculture land dispute..

Hello,

My grandfather had agricultural land. He died in 1981. My father have 2 brothers and 2 sisters (In total 5). My 2 uncles died during 1995 and 2003. My grandmother died during 1997. This land was attached by court for a forgery case on my second uncle. As the verdict has came and land is cleared by court, but attachment is still need to be corrected. Considering deaths in the family, we are now 9~10 owners of land. Please suggest on following:

1. What is process of removing court attachment?

2. Can we register General Power of attorney when property is attached?

3. How can we reduce number of owners from 9~10 to one member per family? i.e.5 members only?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Regards,

Hemant

Learning

1 Replies

Advocate Vishnu (Advocate)     20 January 2013

Hemant,

Each family is entitled to 1/5th of the share in your grand father's property. The only way out is to make a application to the sub registrar's office seeking rectification in the encumberance records by attaching a copy of the court decree. The second step is that , you will have to obtain relinquishment deeds from all the surviving  family members in favour of one person who will then deal with the property. POA in your case in not necessary as all the surviving family members have a right in the said property.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register