LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Chirag Gupta (Owner)     09 December 2012

Grandson's right

Hi. I had a question regarding my own family disputes.

My grandfather passed away and he had 2 sons (my uncle and my father), and three daughters (all married now). My grandmother is still alive but my father passed away. 

Now, we have a house on the name of my grandfather. How will this property be divided? Will all the three daughters get their share? and what about my grandmother? My uncle has cheated uopn us (me and my mother). He is not giving us anything any saying that the property will be divided amongst all the three daughters, grandmother, him and me (or my mother).

He has given us one part of the house to live but its still not in our name. can he legally take loans on the property?

Please give some details as to how to manage this case and move further legally.

Thanks.

Learning

1 Replies

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com))     09 December 2012

Dear Mr.Gupta, 

First of all we need to ascertain whether the property is self acquired or ancestral. If it is self acquired property of your grandfather then he is free to give it to whoever he likes by gift/will or sale. If he dies without having made any of the these, his property would be divided equally between you, your mother, grandmother, uncle, and aunts.  

Bharat Chugh - Advocate Supreme Court of India

Blog : www.advocatebharatchugh.wordpress.com, www.bharatchugh.wordpress.com

Stay Connected on Facebook ! www.facebook.com/advocatebharatchughonthelawsofindia

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register