Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Saksham Chauhan   22 August 2024

Gst invoice not given by seller

Hi All,

I made a purchase from the sales team of a company for installation of electronic locks. The same was installed at my home and it costed me Rs. 2800. However, when requested for a bill, I was not given one. The person from sales team mentioned that to get a bill, I will have to pay 18% tax extra.
I was not informed of that. 
What can I do in this case??

Learning

8 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     22 August 2024

You insist on the bill while agreeing to pay the applicable GST amount.

He cannot refuse to provide the bill.

Thanks for the reply, sir

But, can the seller do that? Can I highlight this issue with any authority that this particular entity isn't issuing any bills against a sale?.

You can make a complaint about this sale of product without bill to the commercial taxes department within your jurisdiction.

Thanks for the reply, sir

Actually, someone pretending as sales person of the company has made me a sale of a product. I received the product and it was installed as well. But, I got to know she is not from the sales team of the company. She has not issued me an invoice for the product. 

Where can I put this complaint? Is this a cyber crime?

You can call the company from where she is falsely reported to have come and inform about the fraudulent activity of one person pretending to be a sales girl and warn them to be careful about such fraudsters in future.

Now since you have already purchased the product and have been using it, your complaint with the local police also may not be entertained.

Hence you can be contended with a complaint given to the company alone because you do not have any problem with the product supplied to you.

Thank you very much, sir

Your responses have been really helpful!!! 

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     23 August 2024

You are welcome...........................

K.S.NAVEEN KUMAR   04 September 2024

If the company has collected GST but not remitted, it is an offence under GST law. It also amounts to unjust enrichment. Evasion of tax can be reported to the State and Central GST officers. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register