LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ram (caller)     31 January 2012

Harassment by wife, can i send a legal notice.

We live in different cities, its an unconsummated marriage, marriage happened 1 year back. she left matrimonal house within 20 days,

I had filed an RCR. It went ex partee, judgement yet to receive.

Stridhan was taken by signing a mutual affadavit.

For the past weeks she has been harrarsing me through emails and phone calls and msgs, Abusing me and my family,  I had switched off my mobile phone and stop responding to her e.mails, now everyday like a psycho she calls up my office number, threatning that I should give back the money that was spent by her family for marriage. approx 2 lacs, we had spend around 1 lac. 

Is there anyway I can stop her from corresponding me, Can i send her a legal notice. Please advice.

Learning

8 Replies

Advocate M.Bhadra   31 January 2012

Legal notice is not efective in this situation, filing of RCR is not proper way ,you should have file a petition for annulment of marriage for nullity ground as the marriag was not consummated.You should avoid unwanted call and email.

Sanjeev (Lawyer)     31 January 2012

Talk to her what she wants if she wants to join back or wants divorce.

In case she is ready for divorce settle the terms of mutual divorce and file the same. I am asking you this because you are still in touch so it seems the resolution can be worked out amicably.

Alok Tholiya (self employed)     31 January 2012

Sanjeev has given right advise. My Q r?? : 

Why marriage remained unconsummated where as everyone looks forward for first night and one may use contraceptive but does not avoid.

She is asking for only Rs 2 lac for consent is damn good solution as she is not using 498A and DV against u and ur  beloved. Why r u delayiong?? 

Alok, its not about the money, she cheated me by telling that she was not comfortable with s*x and we can have a physical relationship after checking with a gync, for 4 months ( she used to visit 1 or twice a month to my place) she never visited any gync, then she refused to shift to my place, when my elders went to compromise, she falsely accused me of being impotent in front of my parents and relatives, I have seen my mother cry day in and out bcoz of this. ( The stupid RCR was filed before all this happened), Then they wanted divorce, after that they wanted stridhan, I gave her items and took mine, Then she made a U turn and said she wanted to live with me but I have to shift to her place leaving my old parents alone. Now few days back she wanted me to come to her place to sign a mutual agreement, when I wanted to know what it was she refused to give any details. I asked her for her lawyer contact, she refused, Then I gave her my lawyer contact and asked her or her lawyer to talk to him on the details, she refused, now she threatns me by saying I will call your boss and talk to him, not that i care, but her calls,e.mails and messages are abusive and that really pissed me off.

After all this should I go for 2lacs ransom, I will rather face 498a then give in. By filing 498a is she going to be free, I might be out in few days and attend court cases for few years. but she will suffer her entire life, her lawyer is giving wrong advice I guess.

Well my query was can i lodge a legal complaint against her in police station and send her a notice, Is there a provision for this. As a man she has destroyed my life and dignity, Its high time i show her what men are capable off.

i want to bring her to track, if i bend now, i will be bending all my life.

Please let me me know if I can send a legal notice.

Alok, its not about the money, she cheated me by telling that she was not comfortable with s*x and we can have a physical relationship after checking with a gync, for 4 months ( she used to visit 1 or twice a month to my place) she never visited any gync, then she refused to shift to my place, when my elders went to compromise, she falsely accused me of being impotent in front of my parents and relatives, I have seen my mother cry day in and out bcoz of this. ( The stupid RCR was filed before all this happened), Then they wanted divorce, after that they wanted stridhan, I gave her items and took mine, Then she made a U turn and said she wanted to live with me but I have to shift to her place leaving my old parents alone. Now few days back she wanted me to come to her place to sign a mutual agreement, when I wanted to know what it was she refused to give any details. I asked her for her lawyer contact, she refused, Then I gave her my lawyer contact and asked her or her lawyer to talk to him on the details, she refused, now she threatns me by saying I will call your boss and talk to him, not that i care, but her calls,e.mails and messages are abusive and that really pissed me off.

After all this should I go for 2lacs ransom, I will rather face 498a then give in. By filing 498a is she going to be free, I might be out in few days and attend court cases for few years. but she will suffer her entire life, her lawyer is giving wrong advice I guess.

Well my query was can i lodge a legal complaint against her in police station and send her a notice, Is there a provision for this. As a man she has destroyed my life and dignity, Its high time i show her what men are capable off.

i want to bring her to track, if i bend now, i will be bending all my life.

Please let me me know if I can send a legal notice.

MADURAI LAWYER (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     31 January 2012

Dear Sir, 

Kindly be careful to avoid false litigation likely to be initiated by your wife side in the event of issuance of legal notice on your behalf. If you have any doubts, kindly feel free to speak to me.

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     31 January 2012

Remain calm and cool.

Let the decree come in your hand.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

Pradeep Rohra (Advocate)     31 January 2012

Yes , I am agree with Minansu Bhadra.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register