Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Hari   03 March 2016

Hindu nair family property

Dear Sirs

I am from a  Hindu ,Nair  family hails   from Kerala .

I have  1 sister, and two bothers and all are working in india and Abroad . Am currently working in Chennai .

We have 2 acres of land and around 5 acres of paddy filed in Kerala and some of the  property in the name of my father and some in mother`s name .in 2014 April my parents have done a partition to my younger brother and sister , without discussing my other brother and me  and they have registered in thier names  and constructed houses also . My mother is currently staying with my sister in the same place and  understanding with them ( my brother and sister who got the shares )with my parents was the remaining propreties will be divided between me and the other brother .

we were unaware of such transactions , but came to know after two months . Uunfortunately my father passed away in Sept 14 and we didnt want to  make an issue and  waited  for my fathers ceremony to complete .However , there is talk going on and one of my brother ( who got shares )  has said that he wants shares of some more land and paddy fields , which we are not agreeing .

Kindly advise me on the following .

1,Since the remaining property is my fathers and mothers name , can they take the claim on the remining property . do we need to divide the property amongst four of us equally ?

2. Can our mother take a call and divide the remining propreties to me and my brother ( we have not got the shares )

3. what is the legal stand on this

4. If they( my brother and sister ) is not agreeing to divide the remining propreties in my and other brothers name , can we file a suit to do redivide the total  property in equal .( including the propreties already shared )?

Kindly advise

Rgds

Kumar

Learning

3 Replies

sayeed shahzaad   03 March 2016

yes you can file a suit for partition . in which court can distribute all the property according to Hindu personal law . with regards advocate sayeed shahzaad

saravanan s (legal advisor)     03 March 2016

Since your father had died intestate all his legal heirs are entitled to get equal share. Your mother can give her share to you both and also she can give the property that's on her name to you and your sister or to whomever she wishes to give

Anish Thakur 7018812737 (advocate)     03 March 2016

First of all you have to tell whether property was self acquired by your parents or not , if the property is self acquired they are free to give/sale/gift that to anyone. If your father died intestate then property will divide equally among all children and wife i.e your mother.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register