LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ramesh Chandra   23 August 2016

Hma 24 when rcr / sec 9 is pending

Hello, I have an RCR (Sec 9) case running since 2013 and nothing has come of it - it was transferred and there has been no hearing in the new court. A DV was also filed after I filed for RCR. 

I am now being threatened by HMA 24. I want to know that if an RCR is pending, is the HMA 24 maintainable? 

Learning

4 Replies

adv.bharat @ PUNE (Lawyer)     23 August 2016

It women's right to get maintenance during the pendency of proceeding.

Its ur obligation to give her maintenance and u can't avoid it till order is given by court.

If u like my suggesation then give THANK on my profile.

(Guest)

It would be advisable that you go for settlement with wife and co.  It is utter waste of time to pursue matrimonial disputes in Indian Courts. Ultimately you will lose and still end up paying alimony to wife and co.  It is better to pay upright now rather than waste 2 decades and still end up paying wife and co.  File an application under 13b of HMA, pay wife and co one time alimony and get rid of the headache once and for all.

Ramesh Chandra   23 August 2016

@HelpingHand your answer is totally irrelevant to my query. Just for the sake of discussion, it is not only the husband who is wasting time. If the wife wants to save her time, she can always tell the husband that she does not want anything but a civil separation. @adv.Bharat - Is RCR the same as divorce case?

sai narayana   30 August 2016

S24Hma is valid as long as case goes on only. So once the case is over the S24 also ends.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register