Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

pandian (Manager)     18 August 2013

Home loan claimant

Dear Sir/Madam,

My mother availed home loan from indian Bank and expired in 2010. Now we have closed the account, but we have three legal heirs( Father, two Sons). My Father is working in Goa and cannot come to Bank in person but the bank wants all three claimants to come in person to trichy branch. Is there a need that every claimant should come in person to retrieve the documents. please help me as the bank is not helping me

Learning

4 Replies

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     19 August 2013

Yes you can take power of attorney of your father to collect the documents from bank.your father need not to present personally in bank in this regard.

ravichandran (assistant)     19 August 2013

I appreciate Mr. Bhartesh Goyal's reply and you can also do one thing.

If father is unable to come bank in person due to unavoidable circumstances, you may request your bank to send their clearing documents to their Goa branch to complete the formalities. But the bank may charge reasonable amount for this service. 

pandian (Manager)     19 August 2013

Thank you for ur reply but the bank says it is not possible to give power of attorney or send the clearing documents to goa.

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     19 August 2013

Issue a notice to bank alongwith power of attorney of your father  in regard todouments and demand from bank to release the documents immediately ,if bank does not complywith notice than file complaint before District Consumer Redressal Forum having jurisdiction for deficiency of their services and  causing you mental and physical harrasment without any reason.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register