Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

syed masood (Accountant)     20 July 2009

How to buy agricultural Land

Hi,
My mother is planning to buy a agricultural land in name of my father or herself. My father has no income & my mother is retired school teacher with a pension of Rs 5000 pm. I am basically from bangalore. Basically we are not from any agricultural background, how do we go about. Please Help Me.

Learning

4 Replies

Saket Gandhi (advocate)     21 July 2009

hi Syed,

First of all, let me ask you from which part of the country you would like to purchase the land..?

If your mother is a non-agriculturist and if she wants to purchase an agricultural land, I would like to advice her to apply to the Collector under section  63 of Tenancy and Agricultural Lands Act for the purchase of agricultural land. Then after purchase she may apply of conversion of such land into non-agriculture one..

Hope you are satisfied with the answer..

Regards....

syed masood (Accountant)     21 July 2009

Sir,

My mom is planning to buy the land in Karnataka, near Mysore.

I have some doubts please clarify.

1. My mom is not a Agricultrist or a farmer.

2. My mom is not having a income source except Rs 5000/- as pension.

3. Can i buy in father name.

4. My father has 0 income.

5. We want agricultural land & we dont want to convert as of now.

6. How can we purchase the land now.

Regards

Syed

Saket Gandhi (advocate)     23 July 2009

Syed..

I dont know the prevailing law in Karnataka .. I tried to find it..

However, i think if the Tenancy Law is not amended in Karnataka and is same as Gujarat, then i believe it is much difficult to buy an agricultural land... The Tenancy Act is introduced for that purpose only as India is an agricultural Country, the rights of the farmers are fully protected here..

Anyways, you can always consult your local lawyer there...

May be you can try another area like mutual funds in real estates.. if you are looking for some extra source of income.....

All the very best for the future....

aruntrivedi (lawyer)     23 July 2009

there is prohibition of selling of agriculture land to non-agriculturist and non-agriculturist cannot become new farmer. one can become farmer only by succession. Another way is only that you buy a non-productive land and convert same into productive land and you can do agricultural activities which can yield you some income but that would not make you farmer.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register