LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Prathamesh   07 February 2020

How to get money back from seller of land if area of land is smaller than agreement

I have purchased land a month ago .it was 5 guntha on agreement but It is only 3 guntha in real ,how do I get my excess money or I even agree with returning land to him

Learning

4 Replies

Raj Kumar Makkad (Adv P & H High Court Chandigarh)     07 February 2020

Why had you measured the purchased land at the time of registration of sale-deed?

Now you have no other option but to file a civil suit against that person and get the refund of excess amount.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     08 February 2020

It is your duty to purchase the land after getting such a measurement.  It all depends on facts of the case if your seller has himself purchased the land and like you ignored measuring the land, and taken the measurement shown in the title deed as standard, then you can not prove such ulterior motives.  If there is no malafide intention and if the difference is not more, just issue a legal notice and after receiving such a response, be guided by your advocate.   Some of these litigations are not worth fighting, as you have to incur more expenditure and time on such vexatious exercises without a certainty in the outcome.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     08 February 2020

It is your duty to purchase the land after getting such a measurement.  It all depends on facts of the case if your seller has himself purchased the land and like you ignored measuring the land, and taken the measurement shown in the title deed as standard, then you can not prove such ulterior motives.  If there is no malafide intention and if the difference is not more, just issue a legal notice and after receiving such a response, be guided by your advocate.   Some of these litigations are not worth fighting, as you have to incur more expenditure and time on such vexatious exercises without certainty in the outcome.

Adv Deepak Joshi +917017821512 (Advocate)     08 February 2020

serve legal notice

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register