Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Neerja   09 September 2024

Husband stays separately with affairs but not ready to come for settlement

Husband stays separately in last 5 years(abroad) after staying apart from me and 2 kids ,verbally agreed to not stay together .

Divorce filed from last 3 years .However, their lawyer took him away to not come for mediation .Husband is not coming to any trials, took over joint property rent completely,put a standing instruction on my joint loan account without my knowledge,does not come for passport renewal of kids(petion in court from last 1 year ,no progress) ,no contribution to maintenance of kids all this while .

It is affecting me mentally ,physically(lost my job due to stress, health issues) and financilally with no savings(my savings were taken away by him during marriage).

How do we expedite this process?How do we make the mediation to start atleast?I once attended lok adalat, but need his presence for talks to start .any petitions which can help me speak to judge directly as I am losing faith here after years of being a troubled.Please help.

Learning

4 Replies

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     09 September 2024

You have filed for divorce or him? Have you filed for maintenanace ? Are you working or dependant?

Specify what you want ?

Neerja   09 September 2024

I have filed for divorce.Maintenance is filed as well but not recived anything so far.I was working but had to leave due to a disease.looking for job again .

I only want that the mediation or any kind of talks to settle should start as he is also not willing to stay.this process is extremely pressurizing for me and my children physically,mentally and financially.not sure if i can atleast get a chance to speak to judge or any mediators so that they can expedite this process.

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     09 September 2024

why don you press for maintenance payment, you have angaged an advocate or you yourself follow up with cases./ maintenance case don take so much , hard press your application  in the court. In which country is your husband? He don' come to home, what about your inlaws ?

1 Like

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     09 September 2024

If he's not turning up before court in the divorce case, you may insist before court to set him exparte and pass an order.

In the maintenance case you can file a petition before court to direct his employer to deduct the maintenance amount from his salary income.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register