LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Abhi Kumar (Web Developer)     07 November 2012

If wife wants divorce then husband has be pay compensation ?

I got marry in Feb, 2012 after 2 months my wife filed dowry against me and my family. She is govt employee also, belongs to poor family and her father is no more. She is demanding 15 lakhs as compensation; and saying that spent more than 15 lakhs in marrigae. She is also saying that I am impotent but she was pregnant, we need car, need 4-5 lakhs to run business, etc. She also produced bill of more than 15 lakhs in form of printout. She took away our jewellery and saying that we kept her all jewellery including expensive things, but the truth is that we did not get more than Rs.17,000 (17K), if I include all shaguns and vidaies. We cant give such heavy amount, we do not have proofs that we kept her belongings. Now, FIR is registered at police station.

I have two questions:

1. If I die then what will do on dowry case. Will it close and my parents have to pay or not have to pay?

2. Will I have to pay compensation to her ?

Learning

2 Replies

Chetan Joshi (Advisory/Advocacy)     07 November 2012

File Anticipatory bail ASAP

Compensation based on what?.....yes the case will go on against your parents post death, so drop the idea if it is a part of your agenda....

Regards

Chetan(dot)7679(at)gmail.com

stanley (Freedom)     08 November 2012

Dont take the drastic step of dying . It means to say she is going to file 498 A and she may implicate your parents in it and hence you have to remain alive in order to support your parents during this trial period since even if your dead the case would go on against your parents . She is indirectly asking for settlement and not compensation for the case she may file .Dont bother seek Anticipatory bail when ever the case is filed  and contest the case . Let her make a list of 15 lacs and the same would have to be proved in court that she has given that amount as dowry which is not so easy for her. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register