Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

trupti (fdgt)     12 May 2010

inter caste marriage

Hi all

two of my friend, girl is brahmin and boy is schedule caste, they got married, they heard somewhere thatt here is a law which can give them incentive for inter caste marriage. is it there if yes then where should they apply,

Details: both are mp domicile, marriage registration in pune

Learning

10 Replies

Navin Arya (Administrative Head)     12 May 2010

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     12 May 2010

New to me.

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     12 May 2010

You have to apply before the Assistant Commissioner of the concerned tq:

Navin Arya (Administrative Head)     13 May 2010

Gift for mixed caste marriage

New Delhi, Jan. 9: Marry into one of the lower castes and live happily — with the government’s blessings.

The Centre has written to states to provide incentives to those who opt for inter-caste marriages in a bid to foster “a caste-less society”.

Some states, such as Uttar Pradesh, Goa, Bengal and Kerala, already give incentives to couples who marry outside their caste or religion, but the government wants all states to do so.

However, one of the spouses has to be from the lower castes. This means if both spouses belong to the upper castes, they wouldn’t be eligible for the incentive.

“Inter-caste and inter-religious marriages can play a great role in making India a barrier-free country. To encourage this, various incentives, including monetary ones, are needed,” said an official with the ministry of social justice and empowerment, which has promised to bear 50 per cent of the cost of the proposed scheme.

The Centre wants the incentive amount to be the same throughout India. It also wants it to be raised to a minimum of Rs 100,000.

While Goa gives Rs 1 lakh as incentive to couples who marry outside their caste or religion, the Uttar Pradesh government has promised both cash incentives and interest-free loan to such couples to set up cottage industries. In Bengal, the amount is Rs 2,000.

Gujarat pays Rs 50,000 to inter-caste couples.

The ministry official said inter-caste couples could approach the directorate of social justice and empowerment in their states for the benefits.

According to the official, the ministry had come up with a similar proposal during the previous UPA regime but it didn’t have the desired impact. Sources said the ministry was planning to organise a conference of state social welfare secretaries to discuss the plan.

Although the official also mentioned inter-faith marriages as one way towards a “barrier-free” India, the ministry’s “priority” now is inter-caste marriages.

“We have not taken a final decision on giving incentives for inter-religious marriages. Since it can be quite controversial, we do not want to get mired in it right now. Our priority for the time being is to encourage inter-caste marriages,” the official said.

Source: https://www.telegraphindia.com/1100110/jsp/nation/story_11965695.jsp

B.Kumar....... (job)     21 March 2011

Dear Sir,

I got Marride on 17th Jun 2010. I belong to OBC  castes and my wife belong to general category.

My wife belong to state of Delhi and I belong to state of Bihar.I am  working in Delhi last 7years to till date.

There marriage was taken place in New delhi State of New delhi.

Here my query is ;

what is process of getting  incentive of Inter caste marriage under the of Govt of India.

where are applying the form ( full address ) and contact person.

we are residing in Navada (Mohan Garden) Uttam Nagar,New delhi.
regards
B.K.Rai

B.Kumar....... (job)     08 April 2011

Thax Sir,

Please tell required document,and where apply this form. 

Dushyant (Area manager)     15 April 2011

Originally posted by :N.K.Assumi
"
New to me.
"

Sub:- regarding inter cast marriage incentive

Dear Sir,

I belongs to SC categories (have all the documents ready i.e Cast certificate, marriage registration, Domicile of rajasthan, have complete documentation) i got maried on 07-dec-2010 to a general cast girl with surname (Kakkar) who belongs from General cetegory(of hindu cast system), now when i applied to The social justice and empowerment office for incentive of Rs 50,000 for my inter caste marriage. they are un-necessarily saying to get a general cast certificate of girl (for gen. category) for which I have already submitted an affidavit now the officials are saying that they will not consider the affidavit and if we are unable to produce the general cast certificate of the girl they will consider the girl to be punjabi on the basis of her surname name and no incentive will be provided to us, and they will reject the application. Kindly suggest. (Dushyant Dangi 9887070687)

kishore (kishore aashwani)     29 March 2012

HI TO ALL

MY WIFE IS OBC CAST & I AM GENRAL CASTE . WE BOTH GOT LOVE MARRIAGE ,CAN U TELL ME SIR ANY LAW IN RAJASTHAN

CAN U TELL ME RAJASTHAN GOVERMENT PROVIDE US TO SAME HELP FOR INTERCAST MARRIAGE COUPLE

var addthis_config = { services_compact: 'orkut,facebook,twitter,linkedin,yahoomail,gmail,hotmail,google,googlebuzz,more' }

var addthis_config = { services_compact: 'orkut,facebook,twitter,linkedin,yahoomail,gmail,hotmail,google,googlebuzz,more' }

Vikas Chander (Worker)     04 June 2012

Dear All

Mere bhai ne 4 saal pahle love marriage kar le. Aab un ka 3 saal ka beta hai. Per aaj be us larki ka Bhai or Maa mere family ko tang karte hai. kayi baar us ke bahi ne hum per attack be keya per hum ne kabi kuch nahi bola. Per aab us ka bahi humare ghar per aa ke hum pe attack keya. Hum ne FIR me ke. Per police ne kuch nahi keya. Phir 3 din baad us ke bahi ne kuch gundo ke sath mill ka mere bhai ko raste per marne ko koshis ke hum ne phir FIR ke per aaj din tak koyi karvayi nahi hui. Please help me. Larki ka Baap SHO hai.

Vikas Chander

Jalandhar (Punjab)

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register