Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Abhijit P (Broker)     26 December 2012

Is plotting on agriculture land legal?

Hi,

I am very excited to join this forum as a new bie. I have recently entered into real estate business and have lots o queries related to land deals.

I live in Pune and there are lots of builder selling bunglow plots of 2k sqft to 5k sqft on agriculture land. The rates are very cheap as compared to other areas in Pune. There are a group of people who own this land under the banner of some developer. As per the builder, 7/12 has been done for the land and it has received survey number.

My queries are:

1. Such deals are clearly illegal but people still buy land from them. Is there any possibility that the land deal done on papers is forged/fake and that the documents (registry) are of no use for fighting against such crooks?

2. Is there a possibility that the government will not accept the deal and take hold of the land few year later after it goes in to municipal limits?

3. Is there a possibility that one will never get the permission to build a house on such land?

Looking forward to a quick reply from all my knowledgable experienced senior collegues.

Thanks in advance.

Abhijit

Learning

1 Replies

Advocate M.Bhadra   26 December 2012

Before buying land You should get information from the local Land Revenue Department,Collectorate of District and also local Municipality if there are any notification in this respect.Generally agricultural will convert as "Vastu"by mutation and conversion procudure with Land Revenue Department  and it is discretion of the concerned depatment.Appoint a local lawyer to look into the matters.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register