Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rani   16 February 2016

Judgements needed genuine domestic violence and seperation

Judgements needed for genuine domestic violence case and separation

My husband and in laws have tortured me and my children physically, mentally emotionally and economically. After being fed up of having beatings and humiliation from them and on advice from my near ones, I filed a Domestic violence case against my husband and in laws to have a life with self respect and dignity where I have prayed for protection order, Residence order and maintenance from my husband who is IT Professional and earns about 5 Lakh a month and is never concerned with the wellbeing of family or child.  My age is about 46 years and a mother of minor child about 8 years. About 5 years back I myself initiated and did a teaching job where I was getting a salary of about 15,000/- pm. But I could not continue to do job and had to leave the job due to survical problem and other medical problems and with no support from husband. Since then my health has deteriorated and my child is also having many psychological issues having stress, migrain and is disturbed with family envoirnment issues and needs continuous attention and care.  

In the reply to my petition my husband is saying that I am not eligible for any maintenance as I have done B Ed and capable of earning and have worked in the past and have quoted certain judgments. I have always been a housewife and have not done job apart from that one year.  My husband also knows that I had to leave the job due to medical and health issues. Since then my health has deteriorated and I cant do a job at this stage of life and who would like to offer Job at such age and with health issues. I have low hemoglobin, migraine and have giddiness and suffering from vertigo. I am not satisfied with my advocate who suggested that i have to show  major critical illness which I don’t want to take any wrong certificate or lie in court because I think my truthful stand is also enough in my support. Moreover, even if I am forced with circumstances to do job, it can never be the amount equivalent to sustain our current standard of living. Please guide me what should I do and provide me any Judgments  in my support. 

Learning

4 Replies

Rocky Smith (Instructor @ Calcutta (rockysmith4calcutta@gmail.com))     16 February 2016

You have to do your job to survive as your husband is doing. No excuse on it. Also you both are liable to maintain your child. Better don’t consult seductive lawyers, withdraw the case and resolve with your husband amicably by speaking personally.

Let seductive lawyers not to earn single paisa of you both. 

Augustine Chatterjee,New Delhi (Advocate & Solicitor at Law)     17 February 2016

Remind me tomorrow on 9999931153 . I'll give u some good judgements in your favour .

(Guest)

I would like to know the outcome of your case as on the one hand there are genuine problems that you are facing, but again there are limitations in accordance with law that you are educated and were earning in the past though not able to now.

Arthritis and low haemoglobin levels are common, what your lawyer suggested is this WRT critical illnesses.

"A. First diagnosis of the below-mentioned Illnesses more specifically described below: 1. Cancer 2. Kidney Failure (End Stage Renal Failure) 3. Primary Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension 4. Multiple Sclerosis "

The above are considered as critical illness, and if you have any of these you can claim rightfully stating your disablity to earn/do job.

Apart from that you can claim under DV act any maintenance only if an act of DV is proved.  Which means domestic violence has occured must be proved.

Now what is Domestic Violence according to DV act 2005 is..

"The Protection of Women from Domestic Violence Act 2005 differs from the provision of the Penal Code - section 498A of the Indian Penal Code - in that it provides a broader definition of domestic violence. [3]

Domestic violence is defined by Section 3 of the Act as[4] “any act, omission or commission or conduct of the respondent shall constitute domestic violence in case it:

1. harms or injures or endangers the health, safety, life, limb or well-being, whether mental or physical, of the aggrieved person or tends to do so and includes causing physical abuse, s*xual abuse, verbal and emotional abuse and economic abuse; or
  2. harasses, harms, injures or endangers the aggrieved person with a view to coerce her or any other person related to her to meet any unlawful demand for any dowry or other property or valuable security; or
  3. has the effect of threatening the aggrieved person or any person related to her by any conduct mentioned in clause (a) or clause (b); or
  4. otherwise injures or causes harm, whether physical or mental, to the aggrieved person.”

The Act goes on, through the section Explanation 1, to define "physical abuse","s*xual abuse", "verbal and emotional abuse" and "economic abuse""

If an act of Domestic Violence is proved only then relief, or else no relief.

Born Fighter (xxx)     17 February 2016

Your child will get maintenance from the husband anyways.

I would like to remind you that you have informed the court that your child is also having many psychological issues having stress, migrain and is disturbed with family envoirnment issues and needs continuous attention and care.  

Your husband will definately seek custody of your child as it becomes evident that you have not been able to give proper care and environment to the child. Also since you are sick most of the time, he will aim to give you ZERO Maintenance and take custody of the child. 

Pls wake up, you are showing you are sick by adding the list....and this will close the doors for reunion with your husband if there is any possibility. 

Moreso you will have to prove the illness you are citing only then the court will consider and also the illness you have stated are the ones which many working men/women live with. 

To add.....hwoever if your husbands salary is 5L / Month as stated by you and if you can prove it in the court with legal income proofs then you have a chance to get maintenance despite you earning 15k pm so that you live in the same standard as before marriage. However you need to prove DV.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register