LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Preet (London)     16 May 2012

Land sold in punjab by pa means od deception

Sir I would like to seek your expertise on an issue we are currently facing in India Punjab. As you’re well aware Southall & West London is heavily populated with dissidents from North India who have worked extremely hard in the UK for many decades whom have gained stature just like yourself holding high posts in the community. As you can appreciate a lot of the elders that came to the UK arrived in difficult circumstances and left many sentiments behind in India in what was then considered in trusted hands of siblings and relatives. 

My father with his brothers also arrived in the UK in the early 60's who is one of nine siblings which four of them live in the UK. As per normal standards the siblings all inherited agricultural land property under their names once my Grandparents had passed away in the late 80’s.  The care of the land was granted to my maternal Uncle who is a resident of Sangrur by means of power of attorney by three of the brothers in the UK one of which was my father.

To our surprise my Dad’s only brother in India has recently illegally sold the land through means of deception as he didn’t even considering any of the family’s interest or consent as he had obtained a power of attorney just to look after the land. We have confronted him on this issue to which he admits falsely using the power of attorney and in using the money to purchase land in another village in Punjab however oblivious to the fact in sharing anything.

We are deeply concerned at this as it wasn't in our interest to sell our share especially as it was my Grandfathers last gift to us and more so we all had very emotional sentiments attached.

We are considering filing a case against my maternal Uncle but obviously very hesitant at the same time knowing that legal cases can take up to many years to come to a conclusion in India. 

I would just like to know from your view what action should be taken, and what support the Punjab government can provide  for us. I’m looking for your valuable advice as someone with your authority should represent the masses of NRIs who are suffering deception from family members like we have done so.

We have recorded video evidence of my uncle saying he has sold the land and recorded telephone conversations also.

I'd like to know what the best way to approach this case would be... should be file through NRI or ask our Advocate to file through his means for a case of fraud?

Thanks 

Learning

1 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register