Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

nagapradeep (Manager)     16 October 2011

Legal validity of un-registered agreement signed on stamp p

Dear Sirs,

Need a suggestion whether we can fight a case or not:

Our Ancestral property of about 1 and half acre was divided between three brothers, my father is one of them. One of the younger brother wanted to sell his part, but since his share is in the middle of the land and is not getting sold , he has exchanged his part of land with my father's part. He has signed the Sale Agreement which was done on RS. 100 Stamp paper, giving all the rights to my father on his part of land. Eventually, he has sold my father's part. This has happend 8 years ago. My father did not register the Sale Agreement. My father died 3 years ago.Now his brother is not willing to give his part which was legally singed on my father's name. He is  asking to settle us for less than 50% of the actual property rate, else he says we do not have any authority on that. Only one witness has signed the Sale agreement, and we dont know whether he would be available or not. All these years this land has been cultivated and maintained by him, without givign any money on the cultivated part. We want to settle this issue if he agrees to pay atleast 70% of the market value. We want a suggestion whether:

a.) The sale agreement which is written as a part of Family agreement 8 years ago does have any validity?
b.) It is possible to get this property registered on our name, through court?
c.) Is this advisable to fight a case against this.

Please give me your suggestion, it would be very helpful.

Regards,
Nagapradeep

Learning

1 Replies

niranjan (civil practice)     16 October 2011

How partition between brothers took place ? by regd.deed? If no,the partition was oral and your brother could not have sold your father's share and the land remains joint.Even the sale of his share by your uncle is not legal.Whether names of all three brothers appear in the revenue record?Whether 1/3share sold is deducted in the record?Simply apply to the village officer to remove your uncle's name from the record as he has already sold his share.Now coming to your question,in sale agreement,what consideration is shown?whether it was exchange of land ?At the time of giving your father's share to your uncle,what document was prepared?was it transferred by regd.sale deed?At that time actually,deed of exchange of land should have been done.Though time for execution of sale agreement runs from the date of denial to execute,you can give notice and then within three years you have to file suit,just try it,but delay could be fatal in your case.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register