Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

karthik (divorce applicant)     25 August 2014

Live-in relation

Wife filed 498a and ran away from husband home, she is not ready to give divorce not ready to live with husband, it has been since 5 years, so now i got a proposal from relative where they are ready to give their daughter to marry me and live with me without divorce, so i thought of marry her without leaving any proof, so as she is very close relative there are no chances of any legal issue with her, in this case even though we get married we show as live-in parters to the society until i get divorce from my ex,

so my queries are is it legal to do live-in relation to a unmarried lady(though married secrelty)??

are there any issues if she get pregnant assume she wont raise any issues but from police or legally?

are there any chances of my ex filing bigamy based on my living with my new wife in same house??

is unmarried woman living with a married person is legal?

kindly suggest your valuable suggestions/opinions on my queries.

Regards,

KArteek

Learning

7 Replies

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     25 August 2014

why wait fro 5 years long years you should have filed divorce from your end and you should have got it long back

karthik (divorce applicant)     26 August 2014

3 years back i filed divorce but it is still dragging in court..

NUT (Programmer)     26 August 2014

Like 498a , Bigamy is another case.Fight that case too.Just go for live in with new girl.

karthik (divorce applicant)     28 August 2014

yeah that is what i'm thinking 

karthik (divorce applicant)     29 August 2014

A married person and a unmarried woman living together comes under bigamy or live-in relation?? is it allowed as per law?

All is NOT well (Harrased by Biased Laws)     05 September 2014

Its a Bigamy. 

Happily Divorced (TL)     05 September 2014

It is not bigamy unless you register your marriage or leave evidence.

Although I suggest take precautions from your new would be wife that they already know your previous marriage. Live-in is still not legalized in india though living with unmarried woman is legally no harm unless your new found charm turns againist you. Legally she wont get most of the benifits untill you get the divorce from your first wife and once again marry this new woman. Too much to lose, so be good to her till your last breath.

If you leave any evidence, there is every chance that she will also get arrested in bigamy case. On a personal opinion, please dont marry your love now. Its unfair to her till you get divorce.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register