Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sachin (sse)     01 July 2011

Maintenance case

hi

my wife has file maintenance case against me .she is hiding her income ,

q1.i what to know how can i get details of income like her income tax filing ,bank details,locker etc.

also she has left the home by herself and living with her parents .but she claiming that we forced her out.

i have filed RCR case too.

q2.is she eligible for maintenance if she left the house oh her own wish ,(although its difficult to prove in court).

q3.my wife is post graduate  and well capable of maintaining herself .

q4.will stridhan doesnt count as her property and eventually her assets as she has around 50 lakhs worth of stridhan.

q5.she is claiming 80k for rent per month although i am willing to keep her in my home and also she staying with her parents , i know she will never leave her parents home and live in seperate place so how fight the same in court . 

Learning

2 Replies

Ravinder Kumar (Account Director)     02 July 2011

Dear Sachin, 

I am not a qualified professional and my comments are out of my personal experiences only..

1. Ask her to disclose her income on oath in court. You have to invest one day to find where is she working (by working as a detective) and than your counsel can send a legal notice to her office for her salary.

2. Although one who has left the company of his/her spouse without any reason does not get any maitenance, however in your case since you have filled for RCR she would have filled Sec-24 for forcing her into legal procedings. So in this case you have to pay maintenance/legal expenses or she can even ask the Hon. court to stop RCR proceedings till maintenance petition is not disposed.

3. Her present income and your present income will deciede the maintenance, however since she is capable to earn herself court may be lenient and award a modest amount if she is not working presently.

4. Stredhan if in liquid form (FD, cash, securities etc) will be her property. But understand it is not her income, just property, which you should defintly put in front of court and try smartlly to prove it. This will help you later if god forbid you file for a divorce.

5. She can ask anything, court will analyse both incomes and will award a logical judgement.

Below are few points which may sound little funny or waste but I am sure they will help you,

a. Dont wear flasshy, branded clothes/shoes/watch, be very very normal...The Hon Judge notices everything.

b. Be very polite and soft, never loose your temper. 

c. Never reach late on your date.

d. Respect and oblige to everything your Judge speaks, never interupt in proceedings and if you want to say something first take permission from Hon Judge.

e. Dont lie on things which can be proved.

Try to convince your wife yaar, all this is very painfull and depressing...Best of luck.

There are lots of learned members who will surely help you better..

yogesh (will tell you later)     03 July 2011

Dear Sir,

If the woman is hiding her incomer, its also a part of the crime You can move to any time to the court with evidences on your hand for quashing of the previous order

You can make use of the RTI which is the easiest method of knowing this

If your wife has filed the case of mainatanace under provisons of HMA. yoU ALSO HAVE THE RIGHT TO CONTEST HER PETITION ON THE GROUNDS WHICH YOU THINK IS APPLICAPBLE SUCH AS HIGH INCOME PROPERTY

you may not get the full relief but there is the quantum of the relief can be provided on the circumtances specified on your petiytion

You also have the Opp to challenge it befotre High Court. If you think that court has not consider youyr pleas or there is error on the records

If you have already filed the RCR , your plea will be entertained and you will not have to pay anything for her rent expense as the court directs to joun you or else it will pass the decree .if she refused to comply the decree then it is strong ground for divorce

If she has 50 laks of the property and you are unable to meet the requirement. You can fiule the reply with supporting documents that You are not in position to pay and NO COURT IN INDIA COMPEL ANY HUSBAND TO PAY THE MAINTANACE AMOUNT TO HIS WIFE EITHER BY BEGGING OR BY TAKING LOANS IN ORDER TO SATISFY HER REQUIREMENT AS LAW DOESN'T PERMIT AND THERE IS NO DISCRIMINATION AMONG THE SEXES

Hope lady legal professionals to agree with this

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register