Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gaurav (Engineer)     04 March 2014

Mcd when 498a is pending

Dear Sir,

My wife has filed 498A case against me and my mother. It is on EVIDENCE recording stage. 

I have also filed Divorce case based on mental cruelty.

During, CrPc125 case, my wife is demanding 13 Lacs as lump-sum amount for herself and minor son who is staying with her.

I would like to know if i ready to pay her 13 lacs for MCD then can she and the son (After o18 years) claims any maintenence amount or share in property in future. 

And also what happens to 498A case after MCD.

Kindly reply.

Learning

5 Replies

abhijeet (Executive)     04 March 2014

no since you have paid adequate amount. no claim shall arise on attaining maturity on your property.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     05 March 2014

I disagree with abijeeet, she can reopen and claim maintenance at a later date on the basis of subsequent developments or changed circumstances.

great india (manager)     06 March 2014

1.i agree with the above expert as there happened an incident and she claimed in sec 25 hma. 2.the query i have is can't there be any solution for such a cause???? 3. If its a mcd then what precautions can be taken to avoid such litigations in near future

1.i agree with the above expert as there happened an incident and she claimed in sec 25 hma. 2.the query i have is can't there be any solution for such a cause???? 3. If its a mcd then what precautions can be taken to avoid such litigations in near future

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register