Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

NPN1980BLR (tz)     19 September 2012

Minor's claim in ancestral property

Dear Sir/Madam,

I had purchased about 3 acres of agricultural land in Karnataka in 2008 by a seller. The seller had acquired the property through a pertition deed from his father. Now, the seller's daugthers who were minors at the time of sale have attained majority. Now, somebody from the same village told me that the seller is conspiring to make his daughters to file a claim for the property.

Is this legal and if this happens will there be any weightage to the daughters claim at this time? Look forward to the advise & help of all learned members on this matter.

Learning

4 Replies

Anish Thakur 7018812737 (advocate)     19 September 2012

a minor have also a interest/right over the ancessotral property however once the partion is completed and after that sale is done ,the person can sale that property for the interest of his family ,however reagrding this matter there are many complication as the laws have different precedents and judgements over this issue, but if the sale has done before the imp[lementation of hindu succession amendment act 2005 then their is no legal support over the claim by the daughter.feel free to call for detailed advise as few more facts have to know before reaching any exact advise.

Anish Thakur 7018812737 (advocate)     19 September 2012

a minor have also a interest/right over the ancessotral property however once the partion is completed and after that sale is done ,the person can sale that property for the interest of his family ,however reagrding this matter there are many complication as the laws have different precedents and judgements over this issue, but if the sale has done before the imp[lementation of hindu succession amendment act 2005 then their is no legal support over the claim by the daughter.feel free to call for detailed advise as few more facts have to know before reaching any exact advise.

NPN1980BLR (tz)     20 September 2012

Thanks for your response. Can the daughter make a claim while her father is still alive?  

NPN1980BLR (tz)     20 September 2012

Could I please get some more viewpoints from our learned members? 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register