Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Srinivas (.)     29 May 2014

Money recovery from joint account-498a

Hi All, Wife filed 498a DP 3 & 4 On me and got regular bail and elders involved made compromised.but In FIR My metioned 15 lakhs dowry given to me. we didn't take any dowry, but due to police force and in laws political background, they made us to sign on white paper like 6 lakhs dowry taken when we were in police station. compromise amount I deposited in joint account through check Rs.8 lakhs (Joint account holders are my uncle and my wife's uncle.) and we have written on Rs.20 bond paper like father in laws dowry 6 lakhs and 2 lakhs of mine and we mentioned after withdrawing all her cases and final divorce decree day we have to withdraw money give to wife. My wife is not coming for withdraw case. she filed divorce under sec 13 i 1a, ib and not agreeing for MCD.For me to travel 1000km and monthly 3 times am travelling. my manager is not allowing me to take leaves and am paying EMI 22,000 every month and my salary is 28,000 per month.

1) Is it possible to withdraw my amount from joint account ? if so please advise.
2) If other joint account holder not agree to withdraw amount what I have to do ? Is there any legal procedure to collect money? Please advise.

Thanks to all...

Learning

6 Replies

Srinivas (.)     30 May 2014

Hi All,Please advise on above query.Thanks in advance..

(Guest)

If they say they paid dowry then they are at fault too. If they applied politicial connection then there is opposition party too. I would first send an e-mail to anti corruption bureau and give them all information about local SP and whatever they did. Later approach media on their facebook page and through their website. Do not be scared.

abhi.nahi.to.kabhi.nahi (IT Head)     31 May 2014

From what you have mentioned above, your in laws are in equal trouble for sure. Dowry prohibition act says, it is illegal to give and take dowry. Dont give your hard earned money so easily. i understand you being mentally tortured, but you can take help from Senior police officials, media etc.

Srinivas (.)     31 May 2014

Hi All, Thanks for ur valuable time and suggestions.Please advise me on below questions.

1) Is it possible to withdraw my amount from joint account ? if so please advise.
2) If other joint account holder not agree to withdraw amount what I have to do ? Is there any legal procedure to collect money? Please advise.

Srinivas (.)     19 June 2014

Srinivas (.)     07 September 2014

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register